Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Based On Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Diredawa, Ethiopia
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Programming & Operations
- Carry out protection activities according to work plan and allocated budget in accordance with protection standards and the guidance of the protection team leader;
- Follow all protection guidelines and SoPs, including appropriate tools based on the job responsibilities, and provide regular feedback to a technical unit on additional needs
- Ensure the adherence to ethical data collection and data protection and data sharing protocols throughout protection activities;
- Support provision of regular updates on project implementation, including weekly reports, monthly PIM products, and M&E reporting, including early identification of any challenges or barriers to implementation;
- Carry out any additional protection activities as assigned by the protection team leader and protection manager;
- Prepare and submit a regular progress report on protection activities to the protection team leader;
- Ensure that project activities are properly documented and reported;
- Follow all PIM policies to ensure timely reporting and data protection protocols;
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- University degree in law, social work, social science, or other relevant fields from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an entry to mid-level position in humanitarian protection or relevant social service field;
- Experience in the Somali region is strongly preferred;
- Experience in direct implementation of protection activities relevant to the AoR for the position;
- Proven record of community engagement and consultation, such as assessments, training, workshops, or awareness sessions
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts, prevention and response strategies in line with best practices and ethical data collection and data protection protocols;
- Experience in identifying and responding to needs of particularly vulnerable individuals of people of concern based on protection risks, age, gender, and diversity analysis, and/ or other criteria;
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure;
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; proficiency in Kobo and other data collection/analysis tools desirable.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their application with non-returnable documents to: https://drc.ngo/about us/careers/vacancies/job/?p=164469&utm_source=Jobweb
Deadline: 25, May. 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: