Protection Coordinator – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Provie technical oversight and supervision for DRC Ethiopia’s protection programming, particularly implementation of protection monitoring and assessment activities
- Develop and ensure adherence to DRC Protection Monitoring SoPs, including through training, coaching, supervision, and programme quality checks
- Support field teams in conducting rapid protection assessments in new areas to identify existing/emerging protection needs (general protection; GBV; child protection; and housing, land, and property) while also identifying multi-sector needs
- Produce regular protection information management products, including monthly protection monitoring dashboards, country level protection monitoring reports, thematic reports, and flash reports
- Support Protection Manager on dissemination of protection analysis findings and recommendations to DRC Senior Management and internal/external stakeholders (Protection Cluster, donors, programme teams)
- Provide capacity-building training to protection and other sector response team members on general protection, GBV, and child protection, including data collection methodologies, protection information management, and adherence to protection principles
- Support the development of concept notes and/or proposals and budgets for future protection programming and ensuring appropriate protection risk analysis to support project design
- Contribute to the strategic direction of DRC country protection programme through participation in strategy planning meetings and developing strategic documents
- Represent DRC and participate in cluster coordination and other meetings relevant to protection issues, including active participation in the Protection Analysis Working Group, and providing presentations on protection analysis at national and subnational coordination .
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Law, Social Work, International Development, or another relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of field protection experience working with an INGO or UN agency, including a minimum of 1-year experience in protection monitoring or assessments
- Experience with design and implementation of protection interventions, including general protection and specialized protection services
- Experience delivering protection monitoring, analysis, and PIM trainings is desirable.
- Experience with capacity building and organizing and facilitating training and workshops.
- Experience working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and remote environments.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial compliance and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point);
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 07, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: