Proposal Development Coordinator – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Proposal Development Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga,Ethiopia.
Proposal Development Coordinator
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor funding priorities and geographical interests relevant to IRC’s area of work and coordinate with Ethiopia technical teams to position for new funding.
- Lead and assist the country team in the identification, tracking, and updating of new business opportunities across a variety of technical sectors and donors, including facilitating technical brainstorming, partner, and competitor landscape analysis, and win theme sessions with technical and country staff.
- Participate in Project Design Meetings and coordinate concept note and proposal development, including sharing initial assessment of new opportunities, preparing timelines, ensuring the proposal team adhere to deadlines, supporting recruitment, assisting in budget development, ensuring document completion, organizing meetings, compiling notes, and drafting and proofreading coherent proposal sections.
- Collaborate with technical units, and other colleagues to support the conceptualization of high-quality programs and proposal designs for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects.
- Provide guidance on donor policies and ensure project design is responsive and compliant with donor expectations, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinate and communicate with consortium partners. Negotiate and finalize teaming agreements with partners and ensure vetting of partners is performed by country offices as per IRC’s requirements.
- Compile inputs from proposal team members, including consultants and partners. Identify partners, consultants, and other proposal development support as needed.
- Provide quality assurance and quality compliance support on proposals. Ensure responsiveness to and compliance with solicitation documents and with IRC’s requirements.Contribute to proposal development systems, tools, and process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate internal post-submission debrief sessions with country teams, technical units, regional teams, and other relevant collaborators to collect lessons learned.
- 6 years of substantial experience and a successful track record leading large proposal teams on complex subjects, multi-year, multi-partner proposals with minimal direction.
- Experience in collaborating with and supporting national and community-based partners.
- Proposal budgeting skills is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate across a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in remote and diverse teams, including as team leader for proposals.
- Clear, compelling writing skills, with previous experience in proposal writing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Proficiency in developing and supporting humanitarian and development proposals for NGOs.
- Familiarity with strategies and proposal processes of key government/statutory donors – US Government (USAID, BHA, BPRM, etc.), FCDO, EU institutions (ECHO, EUTF), and other donors (GAC, Sida, FCDO, GFFO, SDC, etc.).
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 31, October , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: