About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;
Position Title: Project Office – Response and Recovery
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite period contingent upon funding of the programs
Reports To: Program Manager – Agriculture and Livelihood
Application Deadline: October 4, 2019
As a member of the Agriculture and Livelihood project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Coordinate and lead the overall project start up, implementation, monitoring, evaluation reporting and phase out strategy for the assigned projects in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure beneficiary participation, accountability and protection in designing and implementing project interventions.
- Coordinate within CRS sector teams on technical support provision to implementing partners to efficiently and effectively provide support to implementing partners in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- In collaboration with CRS MEAL team coordinate with CRS sector team and implementing partners in developing project data collection and reporting formats.
- Coordinate with CRS sector team and implementing partners and participate in doing different project related lead assessments and studies.
- Ensures quality of program implementation by conducting regular field visits and providing necessary technical support to implementing partner(s).
- Collate project data, analyze and write monthly project progress update and quarterly and annual reports or per established reporting schedule. Support project implementing partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule and ensures that partners submit required reports as per the agreed reporting calendars.
- Support program manager in managing project budget. Reviews advance requests and liquidation documents from partners for accuracy and ascertain that project expenses are in line with approved budget line items and reflects implementation plan. Submit project liquidation and advance request documents to Finance for further processing and follow up advances and liquidation are processed. Review and prepares quarterly cash forecasts to meet spending needs of project. Ensures all financial resources managed as per donor and CRS regulations guidelines.
- Assist in establishing, strengthening and maintaining partnership with implementing partners, government, UN agencies, private sector and NGOs
- Monitor projects progresses through regular field visits, reports and discussion with partners and beneficiaries. Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of best practices and their dissemination to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
- Ensure that effective M&E and accountability mechanisms are in place and that relevant information, statistics and analysis are provided in a timely way for donor reports, situation reports, project proposals, case studies and communications.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations, assist partners in conducting and facilitating trainings, and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Develop training modules on IPM, irrigation agronomy and other improved crop production technologies to cover the specials needs of farmers and field workers and carry out in-house refresher courses for farmers and the field agents.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Performs other related tasks given by line manager
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- MSc/MA Degree in agriculture, international development, natural resource management, climate change adaptation, food security and related field of study
- 2 years relevant experience in Agriculture, Seed System, Agronomy, Livestock, irrigation agronomy, crop protection/IPM, Disaster Risk Reduction, Food security.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data and report writing
- Experience in managing project budget. Strong financial skills including budget development and budget administration.
- Ability to write reports and effectively present information
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Good understanding of emergency/recovery responses and analytical skill
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Excellent communication skill and diplomacy
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Team player with good facilitation skills and objective oriented
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/92661222979567 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline October 4, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by October 4, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Deadline Oct 4, 2019