Project Officer – Plan International
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Yirgalem, Ethiopia.
- Ensuring capacity development training is provided for the project targets
- Lead and coordinate meetings, workshops, conferences, training, and related activities relevant to the implementation of the project
- Create a working team spirit with the PIE project staff and stakeholders
- Ensure result-based project management where the focus should be on results than inputs, activities, and processes.
- Conduct mutual partnership appraisal meetings every quarter with the local implementing partners
- Ensure adequate stakeholder/partners consultation and participation at all stages of the project implementation
- Establish and maintain good working relations with government partners at the zonal and district levels as well as other collaborators in this project
- Assist and provide inputs in the development of the annual work plan.
- Ensure all project-level project documentation is filed and organized for accountability purposes.
- Ensure IP-level learning and achievements are documented and disseminated widely in the project.
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Anthropology, Community development, Development Management, Social work, or another related fields.
- 3 up to 5 years with relevant field experience in the implementation of community development-related interventions/programs
- Experience with USAID-funded or institutional donor funding preferred
- Experience in partnership management and /or representation is important;
- Experience in training facilitation and needs assessment;
- Experience in Gender & youth programming is a plus.
- Experience in managing people.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, responsibility, respect, and innovation in all aspects of the position.
- Able to supervise and delegate duties to staff and volunteers.
- Ability to identify health and Safety issues pertaining to the work environment.
- Ability to ensure confidentially, professionalism, and discretion are maintained
- Strong conceptual, verbal, and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic
- Ability to initiate and organize work while establishing priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment to meet deadlines with attention to detail;
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships and sound partnerships with local government and Non-Government actors in the sector in order to gain support and achieve results; February 17, 2024
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities;
- Ability to be flexible and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain an internal and external relationship
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 20, February , 2024.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: