Project Officer- Cash and Distribution Officer
Title: Project Officer- Cash and Distribution Officer
Location: Bule Hora with frequent travel throughout West Guji Zone and Oromia as needed.
Reports to: Project Team Leader-C & D
Start of Contract & Duration: 12 Months
Posting date: July 20, 2019
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Cash and Distribution Officer is responsible for the identification, selection and verification of beneficiaries and for processing cash beneficiary lists approved and authorized by the Area Manager, Cash Specialist and Cash and Distribution Team Leader, deals with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports. He/She is responsible for ensuring that day to day documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with DRC policies, agreed Standard Cash Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Cash and Distribution Officer supports and contributes to the organization and implementation of all distribution activities. Supporting the emergency response in Ethiopia and ensuring an effective team and enabling environment are in place that achieves emergency program results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In-kind Distributions, Cash and vouchers:
- Adhere to standard operating procedures for registration and cash distributions using the selected service provider(s) per the Cash Transfer Programming manuals and Program Management Manual;
- Work with partners to ensure clear communication with affected communities regarding targeting criteria, entitlements, how to access assistance and give feedback;
- Collect beneficiary data and modify as per the DRC selection criteria, add to beneficiary database and profiles; modify or add data to beneficiaries’ profile;
- Prepare and share beneficiary list and registration form and share it with Cash Transfer Agent (CTA);
- Support the CTA in developing timely distribution plans;
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements;
- Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities;
- Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support; Refer protection cases, when identified, to the protection team;
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use; ensure filing adheres to internal protocols and is regularly maintained;
- Attend cluster meetings when requested;
- Deal with complaints or issues related to Cash/voucher and/or in-kind distribution;
- Participate in various post distribution monitoring surveys;
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing distributions and cash/voucher activities and report on unmet needs and gaps;
- Report on unmet needs and gaps in Cash and in-kind distributions to the Cash and Distribution Team Leader;
- Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as directed by the Cash Distribution Team Leader;
- Participate in assessments, selection and training to volunteers and distribution workers;
- Manage conflicts when they arise and suggest possible solutions;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Ethiopia Program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience in emergency program implementation (minimum 2/3 years) focused on cash and/or in-kind distributions (assessments, distributions, monitoring);
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations and with reporting;
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency settings, including internal displacement settings;
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with partners and government counterparts;
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management;
- Strong experience with assessment tools and systems;
- Admin/finance skills;
- Good computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must);
- Representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient;
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
- University degree in economics, international cooperation, social sciences (bachelors as a minimum);
- English (fluent)
- Amharic (fluent)
- Oromo (fluent)
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than August 1, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.