Project Officer – American College of Technology (ACT)
American College of Technology (ACT) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
American College of Technology (ACT) is a higher learning institution established with a mission of producing internationally competent professionals. American College of Technology (ACT) in collaboration with Maharishi International University is an accredited higher learning institution by FDRE Education and Training Authority (ETA).
ACT provides the full spectrum of professional training services to government and private organizations. Assess And Analyze Learning Needs, design Curriculums, Develop Lesson Plans, deliver training, training Module and Manuals Preparation.
Currently, American College of Technology is seeking qualified and competent professionals for the project officer post on a contractual basis.
Job Title: Project Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Position Description:
The project officer has the responsibility of creating strong relationships among youths and firms at large, working closely with the different firms, OSSC staff and apprenticeship specialists.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, communicate, register, evaluate and select different potential firms to facilitate a place for apprentices according to the requirements of UPSNJP’s project implementation manual.
- Provide orientation session about the program to the selected firms
- Assist firms on work plan development, and mentoring plan development
- Arrange and conduct interview with youth choosing firms based on the matching
- prepare the matching for youths based on their selection
- Facilitate placement and contract signing among the apprentices and firms
- Facilitate and perform the monitoring of the apprentice and firms during the project period apprenticeship program along with the OSSC staff of the woredas based on the template developed in the project implementation manual
- Effectively communicate with the OSSCs and apparent ship specialists on implementing and progress of the Youth Employment pilot program
- Identify challenges during the implementation process and take corrective actions according to the UPSNJP’s project implementation manual.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly project activity and progress report.
- Collect, organize, interpret and data encoding all information’s regarding the beneficiaries of the project and the firms according to the templates designed on the project implementation manual
- Work any related tasks requested by the team leader and project and training coordinator
Number: 12 (twelve)
Reporting to: Team leader
Duration: Nine months with possibility of extension
Career Level: 3+ years’ experience
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Community Development, Law, Political Science and related fields with at least 3 years relevant experience of which at least 1 year experience with Youth related fields. Must possess excellent communication and time management skills with ability to work autonomously and take on responsibility.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in field (site) work
- Computer and internet competency (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & MS Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment.
How to apply
Interested applicants can complete the application form below and attach their CV and Cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further assessment.