Job Title:Project Manager, Ethiopia
Location: Country Office
Type of Role: Project Manager
Reports to: Thematic Sector Lead – Health and Nutrition
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This role will manage the implementation of Ethiopia Humanitarian Fund (EHF) funded project titled “Responding to the increased PHC and Nutritional Needs Among Drought and Conflict Affected people in Oromia and Benshangul Regions” under the program of “Humanitarian Response For Drought and IDP in Oromia and Benhsgaul Ethiopia” for its component at the Ethiopia level. The project intended to address Nutrition sensitive to FSL, Primary Health care including SRHR and MHPSS in Emergencies program needs among IDPs and their host communities in 12 woredas of Benshagul and Oromia Regions. The project has Nutrition, Health including SRHR and MHPSS component which expect this position to have coordination with mentioned sectors team, protection and gender component to be integrated and it demands the follow up of Project Manager. The job holder is responsible to facilitate integrated programming in joint areas of operation with a focus on cross-learning, downward accountability for smooth and effective management of the project, monitoring integration aspects and producing consolidated narrative reports and facilitating effective working relationships among Health and Nutrition project partners, and representing PIE in different coordination forums of the partners and stakeholders meetings, workshops and events as necessary and delegated. In such a way, her/his work directly contributes to the realization of the Plan’s purpose and provides effective and efficient technical guidance and support towards the successful implementation of the Health and Nutrition project in Oromia and Benhsangul Regions, Ethiopia as an integral part of the Plan’s emergency response within the framework of Plan Ethiopia’s Country Strategic Plan. Furthermore, HNUT Project Manager will be responsible to coordinate with the Project Coordinator based at the Zonal level in Guji and Borena Zone of Oromia Region and Metekel and Assossa Zones of Benshagul Regions. The project is implemented in partnership with other local partners, government institutions, and UN agencies. Moreover, the project demands coordination with technical persons at the Plan International Denmark and Sweeden level. The Project Manager will have the overview of a significant budget for the share in Ethiopia and will support a consistent field team. Synergy with other ER projects is currently under implementation in Oromia and Benshagul regions, Ethiopia. The Project Manager is also responsible to produce quality reporting for the implemented project activities and communicating closely with Thematic Sector Leads and specialists as well as the MEAL manager on the quality control of reporting.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- BA/BSc or MA/MSc University degree in Health Science, Nutrition, Development, or any related Social Science fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in management and coordination of humanitarian and development programs/projects in Ethiopia.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programs/projects implemented in Oromia and Benshangul Regions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to IDPs and their host communities in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.). c49JugV DmW5BQ
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Development programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Humanitarian programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Nutrition, Health including MHPSS, SRHR, FSL, and Child Protection and Safeguarding programs/projects in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in programs/projects with International NGOs in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to both IDPs and host communities in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects dedicated to the nexus humanitarian/development in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in programs/projects having gender equality components in a senior position (coordinator, manager, etc.).
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Closing Date:January 24,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: