SNV, Netherlands Development Organization is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
- Contract Type: National
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract Duration: Eight Months with the possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
- Working at SNV
SNV’s mission is to support people to pursue their own sustainable development, where we leave no one behind. To do so sustainably, we need to address systemic issues that trap people into poverty and marginalization. Using a systems perspective means we seek to find ways of changing the underlying structures and dynamics to sustain access to services and income generation over time and grow them further. Attention to systems change, including power dynamics and mental models, can increase the quality, depth, and sustainability of results as well as their continued growth.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the front line.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Context and Purpose of the job:
Under the general supervision of the Systems and General Accounts Coordinator, the Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day financial recording on SAP By design (SBD), primarily focusing on supporting quality of periodic and Ad hoc financial reports and, enforcing of internal controls while executing financial transactions.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the
- Organization’s Policies and procedures. Inform the responsible person/unit of any documentation omissions and follow up on them.
- Make sure that POs and GRNs are completed on SBD and follow up on record Invoices and Credit Memos on SBD with the appropriate cost category and follow-up approvals.
- Maintains proper filing of financial data and ensures that all files are properly backed up.
- Make sure exchange rate differences are cleared on time. Make sure that all financial transactions are captured in the system.
- Provide advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practices, as required.
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems. Assists in the financial audits, if and when required.
- Process online payment and follow-up on timely approval of the same.
- Prepare all online bank deposits.
- Perform bank account reconciliations of bank accounts held in Addis Ababa on a weekly basis and when needed
- Communicate with the bank to understand and reconcile any discrepancies. Keep an eye out for long-overdue checks and deposits, and make sure they’re cleared on time.
- Monitor, manage and reconcile petty cash on system.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments
- Request HO for creation of new supplier’s account on SBD.
- Make sure all invoices are posted to the right Supplier. On SBD, deduct the relevant tax from invoices and ensure that any outstanding balances are paid and cleared on time.
- Follows up on invoice discrepancies with Treasury and Logistics units.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package; for internationals, we offer an international benefits package and to Ethiopian nationals, we offer a competitive national package. We also offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before or on 14 April 2022.
All information will be in the strictest confidence and in accordance with GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will require that you provide us with the full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Deadline Application:14 April 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: