Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
HFE is founded in 1974 by Drs Catherine and Reginald Hamlin has been caring for the women of Ethiopia for almost 60 years. As well as our main hospital in Addis Ababa we also have 5 regional hospitals, rehabilitation, and reintegration center and a midwifery college. We also deploy midwives into rural health centers across the country and provide mentoring and other support services to these facilities.
The Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia would like to invite potential applicants for the following position:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Planning & Programming Manager
Department: Planning & Programming
Terms of Employment: Contract for one year with possibility of extension depending on the availability of fund.
Purpose: The Project Coordinator reports to the Planning and Program Manager and oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects Light for Life Solar Suitcase Project which is implemented by Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE) in Collaboration with Greenlamp (GL). The Project Coordinator is expected to prioritize the paperwork and to meet reporting deadlines as well as communicating with partners involved in the Light for Life Solar Suitcase Project. She/he will travel up to 8 weeks in a year to the regions checking “Greenlamp” funded solar suitcase installations in health centres and working with all partners, the midwives, the regional health authorities and the technical team.
Green Lamp is a non-profit charitable association founded in Switzerland in November 2012 to support projects promoting “A bright future for women and girls”. GL has funded the Solar Suitcase projects and the Project Coordinator will oversee all GL funded project(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with key aspects of program implementation and logistics
- Work with partners, trainers, technical team and management
- Communicate regularly and update HFE, GL project team and Solar Energy Foundation (SEF) ensuring transparency for the sustainability program
- Follow up reporting (M&E) data records from Health Centers
- Be responsible for the project goals, ensure 100% of the health centres installations are working and issues corrected promptly through collaboration with SEF
- Verify and update HC installation and maintenance records (through phone calls and in-person visits to regions)
- Verify health fertility assessment data (work with M&E department)
- Prepare input and write reports in English
- Communicate regularly with regional Health Bureaus Health Centre staff and midwives
- Help with planning and logistics of regional trainings with SEF
- Attend and help facilitate trainings
- Assist with customs clearance and documentation
- Assist with inventory management and any other administrative and logistical activities
- Visit HC:s to follow-up on solar systems, interview health workers, and collect testimonials
- Assist with logistics for Greenlamp team visits including booking accommodations, vehicle rentals, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Attend and take minutes at meetings with partners, donors, government, etc.
- Follow-up on leads for potential partners and program opportunities
- Assist with other tasks as needed such as organizing Hamlin Midwives Alumni Network (HMAN) summit annually.
- Master’s degree in public health, project management health management, public administration, renewable energy, or any other related discipline.
- At least 3 years of full-time project management, proposal and report writing experience.
- Experience working with government officials and/or international or local NGOs, UN agencies, and/or civil society organizations.
- Field work experience valuable but not a must. Experience working in health facilities preferred.
- Demonstrated success in administrative and logistical management
- Strong organisational skills and a systematic approach to management of installations and spare parts
- Proactive – addresses issues quickly and effectively, does not leave health centre needs or midwives requests unmet – follows up and reports regularly
- Self-management skills – efficient at time management and scheduling work
- Good communication skills – ability to report clearly and regularly about progress – good and bad, understands what to communicate to whom and when
- Understands the importance and use of questionnaire style supervision regime with open questions
- Highly organised and can prioritise effectively and who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem solving and make appropriate decisions independently, .knows when to escalate to HFE and/or Greenlamp.
- Flexibility and willingness to do a wide range of tasks
- Strong sense of teamwork and an ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
Location: Addis Ababa (head office)
Salary: As per the organization salary scale
How To Apply:
ADDRESS: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) it is located at Kolfe Keraneo Sub City K. 09, House No. 920. Behind the Swiss Embassy (adjacent to Augusta Shirt Factory) Jimma Road Addis Ababa.
P.O. Box 3609
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
(Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital)