About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Project Assistant-JEOP
Duty Station: CRS/Addis Ababa
Employment Term: Indefinite term contingent upon funding of the JEOP program
Reports To: DCOP/Operations
Required no: one
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019
Provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project administrative activities in support of the Joint Emergency Operation’s objective of serving acutely food insecure individuals. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in provision of high-quality programming.
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Support input data, information and documents into database ensuring accessibility and reliability of information under the guidance of ICT4D and DCOP/operation
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. hotel and flight booking, payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, periderm payments etc.). Travel to the field as required to support the operational needs of training/learning events outside of Addis.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
Education and Experience
- Completion of 1st Degree or Completion of College Diploma (Social or Natural Science)
- 2 years for 1st Degree or 6 years for College Diploma
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, outlook Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Good time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/92872792290569 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, October 25, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by October 25, 2019, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Oct 25, 2019Deadline
Oct 25, 2019