The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2 (AIRS 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Under the supervision of the Ethiopia Technical Manager, the Project Assistant 9 / Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager focuses on the management of the data collection systems for IRS delivery, and the aggregation of all programmatic data, including but not limited to associated training, entomological, and environmental compliance data.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Establish and support routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
- In close collaboration with Abt’s Client Technology Center, support and provide updates and, if needed, additional design aspects to the IRS Access database.
- Support programmatic monitoring efforts through preparation of regular reports, both for internal and client use, aggregating spray data from dispersed spray teams.
- Design, review and test reporting formats for M&E data collection tools.
- Design and facilitate trainings for national and district level IRS staff on the AIRS M&E System and the use of the M&E data collection and supervisory forms.
- Work with the government counterparts to build capacity in IRS monitoring and evaluation and facilitate the successful transition and maintenance of M&E systems to government staff.
- Track and report data on all project indicators to the Abt Home Office, PMI/Ethiopia and PMI/Washington. This includes regular updating of the project’s official Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Contribute to and edit project documents in English.
- Provide field supervision and instructive feedback on all aspects of the IRS campaign, but especially in regards to M&E system implementation.
- The position requires frequent travel to IRS implementing districts and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant health sector field, such as Environmental Health, Public Health, or Community Health.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in program monitoring and evaluation; work with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in MS Access and statistical software programs, such as Stata or SAS.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID program monitoring and evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, and budgeting and report writing abilities.
- Fluency in English.