World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Programme Policy Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga, Ethiopia.
Programme Policy Officer
- Liaise with implementing partners, NGOs, UN agencies as well as research institutes to understand the livelihood challenges of the population;
- Plan and implement livelihood/IGA interventions for lowland areas. This includes exploring the possibility of introducing conditional food assistance to enhance livelihood activities; school feeding gardens, woodlots, fuel-efficient cook stoves for women, nutrition-sensitive farming for kitchen gardens, formation of primary cooperatives, connecting markets with small-scale producers;
- Liaise with climate solutions colleagues to ensure that interventions are complementary to other components and ensure a sustainable approach;
- Establish technical guidelines, and specifications in coordination with government extension services, microfinance institutions to ensure the sustainability of the interventions over time;
- Where needed conduct training sessions in collaboration with NGO partners for regional, district and village facilitators;
- Provide technical and policy recommendations for the consolidation, monitoring and possible replication of livelihood activities at the community level;
- Liaise with national counterparts, CBT, M&E and VAM teams in Ethiopia CO and global climate team to support effective collaboration, implementation, compliance and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
- Ensure that the Inter-Agency Cash Working Group is effectively coordinated, and regular meetings are conducted, following the IaCWG Terms of Reference.
- Lead the preparation of required technical tools and guidance documents for the use of IaCWG members, with the intention to standardize and harmonize CBT programme approaches among the agencies.
- Support identification and development of potential partnerships in CBT programmes to improve WFP’s food assistance. Participate actively in the internal WFP Cash Working Group, and provide updates from the IaCWG, drawing lessons between the two groups
- Contribute towards the development of plans, processes and guidance material for WFP’s CBT programmes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance
- Other as required.
- University degree in International Development, Economics, Agriculture, Social science, Management or other relevant fields with 2 years of relevant professional work experience OR a master’s degree with at least 1 year of professional experience in a related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience working in food security-related livelihood enhancement, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme, financial inclusion or rural development projects. Knowledge and experience working in Somali Region would be an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=178397&_ga=2.131165962.42496884.1669007052-1284693964.1656568937
Deadline: 05, December, 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: