British Council is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
- Pay band: 7
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Department: EE&S
- Contract type: fixed term
- Duration: 19 months (until 30 June 2022)
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through hearts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways- directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realize their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognized qualifications our nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the wrld with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endure even when official relations may strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcast and publications.
British Council will implement the second phase of the regional Better Migration Management programme in the Horn of Africa – Sudan and Ethiopia- as part of a consortium led by GIZ and delivered under EU and BMZ funding. The British Council will society organizations to improve access to information for migrants and connections to lead the BMM delivery in Ethiopia and at regional as part of a regional team.
This post will provide strategic and operational leadership for Better Migration management, a highly successful EU—funded programme currently in its second phase of delivery with a recent extension until June 2022.
- The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- University Degree in project management, business or social studies including in development, migration or Social Studies.
- Four years’ experience including two years in a managerial role
- Experience of managing client / partner funded projects
- Experience of managing the delivery of projects delivered through partners and / or using outsourced providers.
- Experience in M&E of projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines
- Project Management for Development (PMD)
- Financial Management for Development (FMD) equivalent
- Management of risk (MOR)
How to Apply
A detailed role profile for the post, application from and a definition guide for British Council behaviors and Core skills can be obtained from our website https://performancemanager.successfactors.eu/acme?bplte_company=britishcou&fbacme_n=recruiting&recruiting%5fns=joblistin%20summary&itrModule=rcm&-s.crb=Ze4arwTZtc8jDCglxl30lkErQBqd6cef9HA%2bZTUHda%3d
Po-box 1043 Comoros Ethiopia Tel. 011 662 0388 or 011 6 174300
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline : 29 November 2020 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria time