Programme manager – British Embassy
British Embassy is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Ensuring that the Programme is compliant, updating delivery plans and supporting the senior Programme team in ensuring that the Programme is achieving the intended impact.
- Reviewing reports, ensuring agreements are appropriate and drafting payment submissions, amendments and agreements as required. S/he will contribute to Annual Review exercises, including contributing to drafts of ToRs and final reports depending on experience and as agreed within the project team.
- Will organise field visits and ensure findings feed back into the project Delivery Plan.
- will maintain project risk register, proactively highlighting and escalating concerns, risks, and issues to appropriate level.
- Will construct straight forward delivery chain map showing key issues and risks at each stage of FCDO funds’ movement through the delivery chain.
- Will ensure follow-up on due diligence issues with partners as required.
- will develop and maintain strong, ethical relationships with project partners and suppliers, being the recognized first point of contact on project management issues (financial, commercial, general project management) and refer technical or policy issues to relevant colleagues in the Embassy.
- Will organize partner/supplier meetings, as necessary. Will review partner/supplier reporting, identifying areas of concern to the project team and recommend remedial actions where required. Suppliers include commercial contractors, Multilaterals and the Government of Ethiopia.
- S/he should be able to represent FCDO in project discussions on pre-agreed areas or subjects.
- Takes the initiative, prioritises, and delivers at pace, and can work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including strong organizational skills; able to work under pressure and manage multiple work streams.
- Experience in Programme and Financial management; including an understanding of Procurement Processes of complex projects.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 30, December, 2022.