Program Assistant, Maternity Cover – Engender Health
EngenderHealth-Ethiopia would like to employ a well qualified and experienced candidate as Senior Grants and Contracts Officer at its country office, Addis Ababa.
Job Title: Program Assistant, Maternity Cover
# of openings:1
External Vacancy Announcement for Maternity Cover
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization. EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth seeks applications from well qualified and experienced candidates to serve as Program Assistant for our Family Planning by Choice Programme. The programme is part of a partnership between DFID and Ethiopian FMoH, and aims to provide Technical Assistance to the FMoH and RHBs to improve quality, equity, choice and financing for comprehensive family planning and safe abortion services in Ethiopia.
Title: Program Assistant
Program: Family Planning by Choice (FPbC) Program
Reports to: Technical Director/Deputy Program Director functionally, FPbC & Program Associate, administratively
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
The Program Assistant under the supervision of TD/DPD for Family Planning by Choice (FPbC) program will work with EngenderHealth Ethiopia DIFD FPbC program team to manage program related functions. The assistant will provide programmatic support to technical/program staffs and regional level programs by playing an active role in planning, implementation and monitoring of FPbC program activities. S/he perform key program related tasks needed to implement planned activities and assist staff to ensure appropriate information sharing among administration, program, technical and M&E units of the program.
Detail Duties & Responsibilities:
1) General Program support
- Assist program technical team during annual budget preparation and developing annual work plans.
- Provide primary administrative support to the Technical Director/Deputy Program Director and perform various administrative support duties to facilitate the smooth progress and completion of the program activities.
- Provide all necessary arrangement and coordination support for international technical staff coming to Ethiopia for program support. This includes handling travel arrangement, hotel reservation, logistics, — etc.
- Assist with the creation of program materials by collecting information, coordinating production and printing of materials, manuals and leaflets. This includes performing or facilitating the translation of short documents as needed from Amharic to English or English to Amharic.
- Coordinate with the FPbC program team, finance and operation staff to obtain timely authorization of supporting documentation needed in support of program logistics.
- Follow up timely provision of various commodities, supplies and services required for the implementation of program activities (as needed).
2) Support to Training and Other Program Activities
- Assist in the planning and implementation of trainings, workshops, review meetings and similar events including organizing logistics and travel arrangements, preparing budgets, ensuring the delivery of invitations, facilitating advance and effecting payments:
- Assist in the coordination of travel for program/technical staff, consultants and prepare and process expense reports.
- Assist Program/technical staffs with on-site activity preparation such as registration of participants, payment of per-diem and other onsite support to technical staff as required.
- Ensure that training and participant information is collected for each event supported by FPbC program and that forms are collected in an organized and consistent manner.
- Maintain and update the organization tracking system for all personnel trained under FPbC program; including performing light data entry into program databases. Ensure that all names of trained personnel are included in the system and that numbers are reported as necessary and when required.
- Assist in the management of training materials and database of trainers and trainees.
3) Correspondence, documentation and Other Tasks
- Receive, screen, log and route all program related correspondence and maintain and effective follow up system.
- Assist in coordinating external and internal meetings; including the recording of minutes and/or notes and follow up on implementation of meeting deliberations.
- Keep Program/Technical staffs fully informed of day-to-day activities and task implementation problems as they arise.
- Draft contracts and task orders for consultants as necessary and as assigned by the program team.
- Collect periodic program progress, training, workshop, trip and other reports of all FPbC programs, file them as appropriate and upon instruction deliver to the necessary Government, Donor and other bodies and partners.
- Draft correspondence and reports as assigned by Technical Director/Deputy Program director of FPbC program.
- Maintain up-to date lists of names and addresses of partner organizations, officials and personnel’s of relevant government partners and health facilities.
- Ensure that program documents are filled properly and in an accessible manner both in hard copy and electronically.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and other partner organization
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures and respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child or vulnerable person.
- Any other task requested by the Technical Director/Deputy Program director
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Diploma/BA in Management, Office Administration, Secretarial and other Social Science field or any other related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience and for Diploma and 1-2 years for degree in program support or comparable position in an NGO environment (Desirable).
- Experience in the planning and implementation of training and workshops including organizing logistics, preparing budgets, ensuring the delivery of invitations
- Computer proficiency in MS Applications and Experience in record keeping
- Fluency in English and Amharic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; and Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Background in and understanding of international development work
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link, then click on the Ethiopia link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV. There is no need to send your credentials at this stage.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth is committed to ensuring that its activities do not put vulnerable populations children at risk and will measures into place to mitigate this risk.
More Jobs from