Program Analyst – Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Engage and solicit input from relevant sources (partners, relevant target audience) and collaborate with colleagues to ensure the inclusion of various sector perspectives in roadmap and program design.
- Support country program teams with program implementation;
- Collaborate with members of the team to advance team deliverables and support day-to-day activities of the Program,
- Foster and maintain a community of sector participants, ensuring they remain at the center of implementation efforts,
- Collaborating with colleagues in Impact and Knowledge management to collect and validate data and learnings,
- Leading outreach efforts for various sectors participating in the Foundation’s and partners’ programming,
- Provide quality customer service in responding to program inquiries or partners via e-mail, in person or by phone,
- Provide support for operational processes, monitoring project implementation, budget and timelines, and reporting requirements.
- Building and managing relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- Manage initiatives and events to engage broad stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate working groups and stakeholder engagements.
- Analyze data to identify emerging issues, trends and outliers to bring to the attention of the Program team.
- Build and maintain knowledge and familiarity with data security and privacy-related issues.
- Work with program team members to anticipate and address challenges related to reporting in a timely and sensitive manner and troubleshoot data delivery processes.
- Accountability for sector systems and tools, ensuring program data accuracy and database management.
- Work collaboratively to support the development and maintenance of knowledge management systems and provide insights to develop methods for synchronizing and integrating data across various teams.
- Organize meetings, take notes, and provide logistical support for the team.
- Perform other administrative, research and evaluation-related activities as needed.
- Prepare literature reviews, environmental scans and/or analyses.
- undergraduate or graduate degree in the relevant subject areas (e.g., international development, sociology, economics, statistics).
- An advanced degree would be preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in analytics, reporting, database administration, and managing large datasets (preference for system knowledge or equivalent).
- A minimum of two years of experience in supporting program implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement.
- Experience with economic and quantitative analysis.
- Strong knowledge/experience with enterprise-level databases.
- Knowledge of current tools and software programs for quantitative analysis (familiarity with tools and software for qualitative analysis would be an asset).
- Strong technical expertise in data mining and data presentation/visualization.
- Understanding of youth education and employment issues in Africa, and emerging global trends in the field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of African social, economic and political contexts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingual French is highly desired.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of partners.
- A proactive, engaged self-starter who demonstrates personal ownership for finding new opportunities for improving processes, and practices, or resolving problems.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity to different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Master card Foundation’s values and vision.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/mastercardfoundation/jobs/6509568002#app
Deadline: 19, December, 2022.