Digital Green is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Reporting to Digital Green’s DAAS Product Director, the Product Designer position will be responsible for supporting the design of data aggregator products and products to strengthen digital extension channels.
Farm Stack provides a comprehensive solution in enabling public and private organizations work to support smallholder farmers by means of better coordination of approach, systems, and knowledgebase through a digital platform that will use data and technology to integrate various components of the extension ecosystem. Farm Stack will aid in the development of large-scale dynamic farmer/ farm process by combining farmer proles with localized, time-sensitive data and leveraging existing digital channels. Farm Stack will provide tailored content across multiple dissemination channels (e.g. ,video, IVR, SMS, radio) by linking data from public, private and civil society partners across the value chain and will facilitate improved services across the value chain and enable farmers to connect with input providers, financial service providers and markets so that they can not only increase yields but also incomes.
Specific responsibilities of the Product Designer will include, but is not limited to the following::-
- Lead the design and ensure functionality of software solutions
- Work with the M.oA, RBoA and other relevant stakeholders to understand business processes and software solution needs
- Work closely with the Program Engineer to analyse, review, and alter programs to increase operational proficiency and to adopt new requirements
- Design flowcharts, diagrams and logical steps for coding to be processed by the software development team
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Evaluate user requests and modify existing reports or create new ones
- Filter and “clean” data, and review system reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Streamline communication between stakeholders and product development team
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide on-going reports
- Prepare instruction manuals and documentation for the new features or system upgrades
- Regularly meet with the Program Engineer to discuss progress and issues to be resolved and prepare timely reports to the Product Director on activity status and issues
- Occasional travel to user sites to assess product and project performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, IT or relevant field of study
- 2-5 years of product design, management and system/ business analysis experience
- Experience in leading the process of software development using agile methodology is required
- Experience with the day-to-day execution of established agile management practices with software development team is required
To be successful as a member of the Digital Green team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming agtech start up.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
How to apply
To apply click here https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1611172169765