Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
Procurement Officer A2(L) (06/19 ADD)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Procurement
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job: As part of the Corporate Services team. provide commercial lead on procurement needs for goods and services across departments ensuring best financial outcomes in following VMF principles. Ensure procurement process delivery in compliance with British government policies/procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide a commercial lead on platform procurement needs under £25k closely following VMF principles.
- Support planning and forecasting of seasonal procurement needs across departments.
- Ensure requisitions and purchase orders are processed correctly with accurately reconciled supplier audit trail.
- Manage administration of lease documentation including lease renewals.
- Manage lease contract relationship and ensure timely preparation of rental payments and tax reports.
- Maintain timely and correct Estate information on Pyramid and provide accurate reporting as required.
- Coordinate and maintain Asset Register database and provide up to date reporting as required.
- Manage tenders and contract process in accordance with the procurement policy guidelines.
- Manage documentation off all purchases and tenders above £25k through the Procurement hub.
- Ensure all contracts are delivered and managed in line with FCO legal requirements and procedures.
- Ensure all departments follow latest FCC Procurement Policies and Best Practice Guidance.
- Supplier relationship lead: conduct regular supplier reviews and update Supplier Score Cards.
- Work closely with the Procurement Hub on implementing, managing and delivering regional procurement objectives.
- Conduct regular market research in order to maximise VFM procurement opportunities and routes to market.
- Manage active supplier list and ensure it is fit for purpose across procurement categories.
- Update and maintain Global Expenditure Guide information on marker hotels, transport and food services.
- 3+ Years of experience in strategic procurement, contract management and spend analysis;
- Demonstrable market research skills within procurement framework.
- Demonstrable stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Demonstrable written skills.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Educational qualifications- Business and Finance Degree or equivalent Business Administration diploma
- Fluent English.
Application deadline: 3 April 2019
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 36
Location (City): Addis Ababa
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary : ETB 16045.66
Start Date: 1 May 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
- Mandatory e-learning courses.
- On the job development opportunities.
- L&D opportunities throughout the FCO network.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework please note Job grade AA=AI, AO=A2, EO=B3. HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
How To Apply:
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by OIeeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.