Procurement Officer – UN Women
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women -UN Women
is looking for qualified applicants for following open position in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Procurement Officer – UN Women
Location : Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-4
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Nov-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : One year with possibility of extension
Expected Duration of Assignment : One year with possibility of extension
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Officer ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Procurement Officer promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and support: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized. The Procurement Officer also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Regional Office (RO) and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to procurement related reports and analyses; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide substantive inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Follow up with internal and external audits;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
- Organize procurement processes for the Country Office
- Prepare procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement processes including the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas; prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC).
- Organize contract management process for the Country Office
- Review/ process contracts for the CO;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers, and support implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide substantive input and support to the development of training materials, webinars and other education materials;
- Organize trainings for the operations/projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices.
- Organize logistical services
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance indicator
- Timely coordination, facilitation and implementation of procurement activities based on procurement plans and available budget
- Timely and quality processing of purchase orders
- Timely delivery of services by administration team
- Proper and accurate maintenance of files and databases, documents are easily retrievable
- Timely organization of logistics activities
- Respect for Diversity cu8vceQ DmW323
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Functional Competencies
- Good knowledge of procurement process, systems; administrative rules and regulations;
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to extract and interpret data;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong IT and web based management skills
- Required Skills and Experience
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 2) is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related at the national or international level for Bachelor degree holders or 2 years progressive experience for masters degree holders;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas is an asset.
Fluency in English and is required
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for this position on the website by Clicking the following link below
Application Deadline : 19-oct-21(Midnight New York, USA)
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: