SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Position Title||Procurement and Logistic Assistant II|
|Duty Station||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G4|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||02.12.2019 – 16.12.2019|
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistic Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement/logistics related activities for the Sub Office of Dire Dawa projects. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following tasks:
- Prepare and/or receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct.
- Identify potential vendor and issue Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Analyses, evaluates and compares the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester and award orders to the selected vendors.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) including necessary information on material/asset code, specification, quantity, price, delivery date, payment and vendor contact details.
- Receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition. Ensure Good Delivery/Receiving Note (GRN) is issued and signed.
- Onward delivery to final destination and ensures GRN and Waybill are issued and signed.
- Prepare Payment Request (PR) and follow up with Finance Unit
- Obtain approvals as required by the Procurement and Finance matrixes.
- Properly record and indicate the above process in SAP PRISM as required.
2. Receive approved PRF, copy and record in Procurement Tracking Data Base.
3. Regularly update the Procurement Tracking Data Base and ensure all the required information is filled accordingly. Notify Senior Procurement and Logistic Assistant and/or Procurement Officer for any open PRs and POs.
4. Focusing on the Emergency response related request, ES/NFI, Hygiene materials.
5. Conduct survey for Local market, identifying reliable suppliers and maintain database for further emergency response procurement requests.
6. Assist all procurement activities related to construction and renovation work, and some other procurement’s.
7. Ensure all approved PR (Payment requests) are submitted to Finance for payment and keep copy of each PR in a sequential manner.
8. Ensure that all Procurement documents are properly copied and filed accordingly.
9. Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Desired University degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field of study with combination of relevant training and practical experience.
- Four years of progressively responsible professional work experience in managing of procurement and logistics activities.
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in working with SAP Procurement and Asset Management modules is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications;
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of local language is desired i.e Oromiffa.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by December 16, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply
Dec 16, 2019