Post Security Manager – British Embassy
Post Security Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
Post Security Manager
- Daily interface and management of the guard force, ensuring service delivery against key performance indicators, ensuring guard awareness and response to emergency procedures, including fire and terrorist drills, real or otherwise.
- Preparation of security, emergency and event plans, guard briefing procedures, emergency plans.
- Ensuring the function of guard force technical equipment.
- Liaison with facilities management provider regarding guard appointments, security clearance, training.
- Manage a Security Management Team.
- Interaction and management meetings with subcontracted guarding company for off-site compounds.
- In collaboration with the ROSM, provide security advice including management and investigation of operational incidents.
- Be point of contact for all event security, ensuring guest lists are received in sufficient time and additional resources deployed where necessary, taking into account budgetary constraints and any necessary changes and adjustments in the program when required. Ensure the proportionate safety and security measures are in place.
- Advise the Post Security Officer (PSO) and ROSM of any security breaches and occurrences, concerns and requirements, including repair of security equipment, gates, blockers and perimeter fencing etc.
- Security briefings for official visitors, temporary duty staff, new joiners and arriving families and assisting with training delivery to contractors.
- Assist ROSM with implementing Security Advisor recommendations, local staff clearances, independent research, providing reports on security-related subjects as required, analysis of current crime figures and trends in liaison with the PSO and ROSM.
- Be part of post’s crisis management plans and take part in crisis exercises as and when required.
- Develop collaborative security knowledge via networks with other mission’s security staff, the Police and diplomatic and private security firms (covered above)
- Monitor information and intelligence and advise staff of emerging threats and risks. Implement risk mitigations strategies.
- Carry out regular emergency drills and security training for staff.
- Be available to escort non-cleared contractors or visitors.
- knowledge of Health & Safety work practices.
- Experience in security management in corporate, military / government sectors, or other relevant experience.
- Experience/knowledge of Health & Safety work practices.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to staff and other external parties, including law enforcement organisations.
- Proven record of strong problem solving skills backed by sound judgement, discretion and diplomacy.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 03, November , 2023.