Portfolio Manager – British Embassy
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.
- Producing high quality management information on our bilateral programme portfolio and managing robust systems to deliver effective oversight of our work.
- You will draw on FCDO’s data systems to provide high quality, timely and relevant information about our programme portfolio and delivery against our wider country plan.
- This will support senior decision-making about the allocation and management of resources and provide assurance that we are adhering to organisational policy and procedures.
- You will support the Development Director and Deputy Development Director to design and implement robust systems of portfolio management.
- The Operational Excellence (OpEx) team is the secretariat for the Country Board, Portfolio Board and Portfolio Assurance Meeting and as such you will help to organise meetings, prepare papers, take minutes and track implementation of actions.
- You will lead on the management of corporate commissions and returns, tracking the requests, collating inputs and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Implementation of our cross-office programme delivery capability plan.
- You will work with the Head of Programme Hub, programme managers and advisers across British Office Sudan to support them to deliver high quality programmes that draw on best practice programme management approaches from across FCDO’s global network.
- You will lead on specific strands of the programme capability plan, as well as ensuring that the plan is on track, and supporting other leads within the team and elsewhere across British Office Sudan to deliver on their elements.
- Working closely with the Senior Programme Managers and Head of Programme Hub you will support the establishment of a Programme Management Forum to share lessons and strengthen the peer support network within the Embassy.
- Improving capability of FCDO implementing partners and strengthening their adherence to our control framework. You will consult with staff across British Office Sudan to understand the challenges they face with their partners and work with the Head of Programme Hub to design and deliver a series of regular programme partner engagement sessions.
- In addition you will provide targeted demand-driven support to particular programmes/partners, for example supporting on due diligence assessments, spot checks or annual reviews.
- Support management of the new independent monitoring programme.
- You will work closely with the Results Adviser to identify priority portfolio assurance monitoring needs, providing steers to the cross-portfolio independent monitoring programme, liaise with the supplier delivering the programme and review relevant deliverables and reports to ensure issues and recommendations are taken up and addressed by programme teams or BOS more widely.
- Providing wider support on corporate priorities to the Senior Leadership Team. You will work with the senior leadership team to support the broader range of British Office Sudan and British Embassy Addis Ababa Committees and Boards, or ad hoc special events/projects, as required.
- You will be expected to support on senior official or Ministerial visits, potentially leading on the programme or briefing for such events.
- You may also be required to support the Development Director on donor coordination activity related to the Sudan Partnership Forum or other bodies.
- The post holder will need to be flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing context and shifting demands on the Embassy and OpEx Team, work collaboratively and at pace to sustain a focus on delivery.
- A good understanding of Programme and Project management (PPM) processes, procedures and best practice
- Experience in managing complex portfolios and/or programmes.
- Experience of working in the International Development or Humanitarian sector.
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and management information skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, including producing written briefing and reports for senior staff.
- Flexibility and willingness to support colleagues as and when necessary, not just on PPM work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 04, November , 2023.