Organizational Development Specialist, Geneva – ICRC
ICRC-International Committee of the Red Cross is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
Job Title: Organizational Development Specialist, Geneva – ICRC
Type of contract: CD-Max
Length of Assignment: 24 months
Activity Rate: 100%
Estimated start date: ASAP
Duties and Qualifications
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
Purpose of the position
The Organizational Development Specialist works embedded in specific Project or Program teams whose work have a global impact of the ICRC’s structure and operating model, acting as expert on issues related to Organizational Development. They report to the Head of Organizational Change (Senior Organizational Development Advisor), maintaining a functional reporting line to the Head of the specific team in which they are embedded.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Liaises between the larger OD (organizational development) team in the office of the General Director and the specific project/program team in which they are embedded, to ensure a coherent application and interpretation of both the Organizing Logic and the Organizational Guidelines.
- Participates to the larger OD team’s analysis of the ICRC’s organizational model; develops and maintains an overview of ongoing and planned projects and initiatives, contributes to the development and analysis of options to further adapt the ICRC’s organizational model, drawing on internal lessons learned, and bench marking ICRC processes and structures against the practice of other organizations.
- Provides OD advise and expertise in the frame of organizational reshuffles, or new designs of ICRC’s specific Divisions, Units or Teams.
- In connection with the larger OD team, ensures a good visibility and understanding of internal ICRC inter dependencies among the files under their scope of work and other streams.
- Within the scope of their work, monitors the implementation of business plans related to OD-related changes, with a special attention to changes impacting localization of positions and job families.
- Uses relevant change management processes and techniques to accompany the transition from the “as is” to the “to be” organizational model, minimizing the disruptive impact of changes, cultivating support for them among staff members, and preserving business continuity.
- Contributes to internal communication on changes to the organizational model, tailoring messages to the information needs of different stakeholders and using appropriate channels; organizes the flow of communication and reports on progress.
Scope & Impact
- Geographic remit: global, in connection to the overall organizational development action.
- Within the scope of the Department / Division / Unit connected to their scope of work.
- Advanced university degree.
- Specialized training in project management and / or change management. c8X9JCg DmW32e
- Good command of communication practices.
- Fluent command of English and French.
- Computer proficiency
- Typically, 10-12 years’ professional experience.
- 4-6 years’ professional experience in the field of organizational development, with a focus on business process re-engineering.
- Good experience in managing transformation processes.
- Solid understanding of organizational processes and roles/responsibilities in the
- ICRC’s matrix management system an important asset.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following
Closing Date:March 20, 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: