World Health Organization (WHO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Operations Support & Logistics (OSL) Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Place of Work: Ethiopia
- Support Event Response forecast needs by assisting OSL officer in charge to make field assessments and field data collection
- Follow the unit’s work plan and OSL OPS monitoring tools according to supervisor requirements
- Ensure logistics support of daily Emergency response team routines activities with appropriate transportation means, facilities and equipment
- Provides timely & proactive assistance and support to the supervisor on all supply needs in the context of the emergency response.
- Assist passengers at the airport and liaise with Airport authorities; collect passengers list and freight documents
- Support daily petty cash emergency procurement
- Facilitate customs clearance, reception, transportation, storage and distribution of supplies to affected areas and populations.
- Assist WHO warehouse management and inventory exercises; follow stock control mechanisms.
- Assist in the maintenance of the required stockpiles of essential emergency equipment, e.g. personal deployment material, radios, satellite telephones, IT equipment, etc.
- Assist officer in charge of Office, EOC and Compound management to ensure adequate infrastructure maintenance (Minor repairs, Power Supply access, Cleanliness of premises…)
- Assist WHE fleet management, including planning and monitoring fleet movements, and overseeing the maintenance of vehicles.
- In close cooperation with the Field Security Officer, ensure that appropriate and safe living conditions are provided to WHO-deployed staff and responders.
- Support WASH activities management and check WASH standards are up for all WHO facilities.
- Provide quality assistance to the setup and maintenance of cold chain facilities for any medical items requiring a temperature control environment.
- Monitor and report regularly to the emergency team, drawing their attention to needs, gaps and problems, and proposing remedial actions.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor
A university degree from a recognized institution in Engineering, Business Administration management, or related fields. Professional certification/qualification in areas such as transport, distribution and supply chain management.
At least 8 years of related experience, at the national and international levels, in managing emergency logistics operations and supply operations in international organizations/institutions, part of which in the field supporting emergency humanitarian operations.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics management in an emergency context, with a proven ability to identify and solve technical problems in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to promote cohesive action and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
- Producing result
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
- Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of the local language.
Other Skills (e.g. IT Skills)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated computer skills with emphasis on database management to monitor supplies and inventory, and forecast needs.
- Demonstrated skills in using equipment such as radio and satellite phones.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their resume and supporting documents through https://careers.who.int/ .
Deadline: 21, May. 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: