Operations Officer: Procurement and Supplies, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – SNV
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopians through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
Contract Type: National
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contract Duration: one (1) year with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.
Summary of the Job:
The Operations Officer for Procurement and Supplies is part of Operations team within a country, which focuses on providing operational support services in the countries, to ensure the availability and quality of procurement, administration, and logistics activities to fully support SNV operations. The procurement and Supplies operation officer is expected to ensure that high-quality procurement documents are in place towards successful operationalization, launch, and administration of the Facility. prepare/organize internal/external reviews and Selection Committee meetings, ensure high-quality and harmonized reporting to relevant units, and ongoing monitoring of compliance to procedures/policies/protocols during Facility operations are the major responsibilities of the incumbent.
- Organize all procurement activities relating to requests for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes in line with SNV and Donor policies.
- Ensure timely completion of procurement in support of programme implementation in line with SNV and donor policies;
- Organize all procurement activities related to requests for proposals, goods, services, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the Initiating projects;
- Identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using just in time and any resulting change orders.
- Receive, open, screen, log, and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required, and organize bids for review by the specialist.
- Responsible for ensuring that all material distribution plans and delivery information is clearly communicated
- Daily coordination of SNV procurement activities between field offices and the Country Office in Addis Ababa
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry,
Opening mail, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms. dA5hyD8 DmW5Bq
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, and pricing information.
- Reports back to requesting parties on the status of their request on a timely basis
- Provides weekly and monthly status reports to her/his immediate supervisor as needed
- other assignments related to Logistics and Procurement as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with higher thinking level with relevant experience (6 or 7 years) in operations and procurement activities
- Good knowledge of purchasing systems
- Knowledge of Donor funding regulations
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in purchasing techniques within the context of this position
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, the purchasing system and SAP BD system
Attention to details
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues
- Good reporting and communication skills
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package; for internationals, we offer an international benefits package and to Ethiopian nationals, we offer a competitive national package. We also offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and completing your application in our in-house recruitment system.
All information will be in the strictest confidence and in accordance to GDPR. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Women candidates are Highly encouraged to apply.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: www.snv.org
Deadline Application:Before or on 2nd April 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: