Operation Assistant – IOM
IOM is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia.
- Follow up email communications related to document verification including requests from embassies and reply on time.
- Coordinate with the Document verification team on the approved documents to be verified at RRS, INVEA, and other issuing entities in and/or out of Addis Ababa and plan the verification in advance.
- Prepare and submit official letters to issuing offices to facilitate verification of all documents sent from Embassies and update the data in the shared file.
- Perform the document verification activities being requested by different embassies as per established guidelines or standards and submit the verification report to the respective embassies in a timely manner.
- Prepare cost breakdown and invoices for each document verification based on the different clients’ SOP and guidelines and analysis statistical data, generate, and submit reports.
- Notify the supervisor and Operations Staff about tasks or assignments performed and challenges as well related to document verification and others on a daily basis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, Quarter, and annual document verification reports, then share them with the supervisor or operations staff.
- Raise Purchase Orders and Payment requests for all document verification-related costs and Coordinate with finance in raising advances for service fees to be paid to different issuing offices and subsequently settle advances on time.
- Assist Movement activities in Sub-offices, Transit Centre, and airports during departures, processing exit documents and immigration formalities as well as smooth arrangement of logistical needs from point of departure (camp) to Addis Ababa to effect the smooth departure of refugees.
- Support the actual refugee movements to and from Addis Ababa and ensure the provision of Logistical assistance for refugees and resettlement interview officers as needed during different resettlement interviews (CWS/RSC & USCIS), Cultural orientation, and medcal and departure missions.
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and reports any problems needing assistance/repair, completing logbooks for every trip undertaken.
- In case of accidents, ensure that it has been handled within the rules & regulations of the organization. Follow up immediately with the Head Driver, Security Focal Point, and RMU departments, liaise with Traffic Police and subsequently Insurance company, as needed, to claim/recover damages,
- Handling official documents to and from different UN agencies, embassies, and implementing partners and ensuring delivery confirmations are returned for appropriate handling,
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the supervisor or the Head of Office.
- University degree in social science or college diploma in social science or having a third grade driving license and excellent driving skills is an advantage.
- Two years of relevant experience in Immigration and Visa processing, vital event registration and processing, and fraud detection or four years of relevant experience in Immigration and Visa processing, vital event registration and processing, and fraud detection.
- Relevant years of professional experience in Immigration and Visa processing, vital event registration and processing, and fraud detection
- Experiences in data recording and management, document verification, third-country resettlement, family unification, and another humanitarian admission.
- Experience in working humanitarian agencies, especially the UN agencies, I/NGOs, supporting refugees is essential.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Governments, UN agencies, different countries’ embassies, and international organizations.
- Appreciation of different cultures, languages, beliefs, Sex and diversity.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office packages – (Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel) is required.
- Fluency in English and Amharic (oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages an advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: DL_ETH_IOMEthiopiaHR@iom.int, by putting the vacancy number and job title in the subject line.
Deadline: 02, June ,2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 14 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa