UNOPS Vacancy: Office Clerk, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Vacancy code: VA/2016/B5308/9972
Position title: Office Clerk
Department/office: AFR, ETOH, Ethiopia
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contract type: Local ICA Support
Contract level: LICA-1
Application period 13-May-2016 to 27-May-2016
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations system, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peace-building contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations.
We employ more than 6,000 personnel and on behalf of our partners create thousands more work opportunities in local communities. Through our headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and a network of offices, we oversee activities in more than 80 countries.
Background Information – Job-specific
Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. In 2014, the UNOPS Executive Director decided to establish the UNOPS Ethiopia Operational Hub (ETOH), which manages and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, as well as Sudan and Djibouti.
UNOPS ETOH activities range from tailor-made administration, operations, human resources and logistics support for implementation of development and humanitarian projects; infrastructure and procurement management services; and advisory services to partners to facilitate effective procurement, supply and financial management.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Associate, the Office Clerk provides a variety of tasks that includes making sure that professional office management services are offered to all personnel, projects and visitors. This includes various duties, including but not limited to ensuring that refreshments are available when required, and office services such as archiving and messenger tasks are handled in a quality, timely and effective manner.
- Prepare and coordinate serving of refreshments during different meetings with personnel, partners and business visitors.
- Help in the safekeeping of the office equipment like coffee machine, microwave oven, refrigerator, etc..
- Keep the office clean, organized and presentable. Assist with acquiring the necessary supplies and equipment. As required, coordinate with cleaning supplier to resolve issues regarding service provision.
- Inform the operations unit regarding stocks of all office refreshment supplies and follow up on their timely procurement.
- Help actively in relocation and reorganization of office spaces.
- Assist office personnel with any other duties like scanning, copying, binding when requested
- Help scan incoming correspondence and materials in order to determine their classification and priority, and forward these to relevant officials for further action.
- Help assign and record or stamp identification numbers or codes in order to index materials, documents and correspondence for filing as advised by relevant units.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Assist with prompt and accurate delivery of mails and letters to UN agencies and others within the ECA compound.
- Perform other duties relating to management of the office and its administration services.
- Creativity and innovation
- Planning and Organizing
- Results orientation
- Teamwork skills
- Client orientation
- Technological awareness
Contract type, level and duration – Internship
This is a local position and therefore it is open to only Nationals of Ethiopia.
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor
Contract level: LICA 1
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension ( Subject to satisfactory performance and funds availability)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.