Environment and Natural Resource
Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social Development Commission Coordinating Branch office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a faith-based Non-Governmental Organization having Social Development activities in the Vicariate of Meki. The Social Development activities are carried out under the Social and Development Commission Branch Office. The office has secured financial support from AECID and Caritas Spain to implement a Project entitled Food Security and Rural Development III (FSRD III) project in Arsi Nagele,Heben Arsi, Shala Siraro, Wondo, Shahsemene and Kore Woredas of West Arsi Zone from April 2019.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social & Development Commission Branch Office of Meki needs to employ personnel on the following Job areas.
Purpose of the Position:
The Lead Community Facilitator will liaison implementation of project activities at woreda and kebeles levels with woreda line office experts, DAs and RUSACCO. The incumbent is responsible to serve as communicating person between experts Project manager. Lead Community Facilitator is responsible to provide technical support for Cooperative Committee, Watershed Management Committees, and technical committee to achieve implementation of project activities at woreda and kebeles levels.
Key /Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and implementation
- Prepare quarterly woreda level project activity detail implementation plan by kebeles in collaboration with project Experts.
- Ensure project activities are fully accomplished on time and meet expected technical quality standards
- Under the guidance of Project experts, provide supervision and technical support to community.
- Work closely with Experts in preparing woreda based project work-plans
- Provide project activity implementation updates to woreda partner sector offices and report their concerns, issues and other priority needs on weekly basis and immediately on issues that needs immediate ECC-SDCBOM management attention.
- Serves as a communicating person between Woredas, kebele and ECC-SDCBOM Project staffs
- Facilitate meetings, public discussions, community mobilizations in collaboration with project and woreda government staff.
- Work closely with government line offices to ensure project target clients are selected and validated as per project client selection criteria
- Work closely with kebele structures to implement project activities as per the project woreda plans given to him/her by experts
- Facilitate integration of cross cutting issues in to project activities
- Ensure proper transfers of project resources to clients and follow up their proper utilization
- Assist Project and partners staffs at field level
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Experts
- Coordinates the implementation of the project activity in line with the objectives of the project
- Facilitate training session being with project experts
- Participates in key stakeholders joint planning and collaboration events at woreda level
- Represent project on external working groups in the woreda when relevant and ensure the project has appropriate visibility.
- Ensure that the Projects team leads to provide accurate information, in an appropriate format for ECC-SDCBOM Branch Office and Government monitoring systems
- Proactively engage with woreda level project staff to share knowledge and to identify best practice in the ECC-SDCCOM project intervention areas.
Communication and representation
- Creates a better working relation, networking, and partnership with the local community and concerned Woreda government institutions
- Performs other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor
Reporting and documentation
- Review and compile monthly, quarterly and annual/biannual project performance report to the Project experts on the 15th of the reporting month
- Makes available any necessary documentation at the Office and provides to experts when required
- Ensure adequate filing system is maintained for projects at Woreda office level;
- Ensure that all donor, ECC-SDCCOM and government requirements are met
The term of Employment: Contract based
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
BA/BSc, in agricultural economics, rural development, Agriculture, Rural development and agricultural extension, development economics, Natural Resource management, agricultural business management, Cooperative, Accounting, Business Management and development studies, or another related field from recognized universities/colleges
- 0-year experience for BSc/BA
- Motorbike driving license
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Good organizational skill including the ability to plan, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate programs
- Ability to develop and maintain dynamic and productive relationships with staff, government structures, NGOs, donors
- Innovative and flexible appreciation, self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
- Good computer skill
- Ability to apply cost effective measures in use of resources
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with ECC-SDCBOM ideals and core values
Required No: 5
How to Apply
Place of Application: Applicants should submit their CV and other necessary documents to ECC-SDCBOM, Meki town, HR Office and Shashemene Branch office HR
Address: ECC-SDCBOM,P.O.Box 43,Meki, Telephone: 022-1-18 0798 or 022-1-180193
Apr 3, 2019Deadline
Apr 3, 2019