Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Position Start Date: Anticipated late fall 2012
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for establishing and implementing an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. The M&E Specialist will also monitor all grant activities and sub-grantees and ensure that the project complies with USAID performance reporting requirements. S/he will conduct impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities.
Reporting & Supervision: The M&E Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E;
- Manages data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Develops the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Utilizes critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities in Ethiopia;
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation
- Knowledge of USG and other donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D .