Himalayan Cataract Project is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
- Position Type:6 months-with possible extension
- Place of Work:Addis Ababa
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Ethiopia
Scope of Work
M & E System Design:
- Support the development of the M&E System in line with HCP requirements and needs of project
- Elaborate, pilot and validate quantitative and Qualitative monitoring tools as well as design the corresponding data collection procedures
- Support and engage in the design and management of Constructive information feedback loops to inform program design
- Oversee and supervise the coordination of evaluation ,impact survey administration and implementation
- Support the capacity building efforts to partners and local staff in relation to monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support annual planning process
- Supervise and coordinate application of monitoring tools to track program performance inline with the overall HCP strategy and the M & E plan
- Offer leadership and technical support to project staff in the implementation of their monitoring responsibilities to ensure correct and timely collection of monitoring data
- Manage and conduct qualitative monitoring among program beneficiaries and other stakeholder, such as surveys ,focus group discussions, interviews case studies
- Coordinate data collection efforts across HCP’S Ethiopia partners ,ensuring partners and HCP local teams both understand new data standard frameworks and deliver clean data for analysis
- Ensure responsible expenditure and reporting in line with line budget allocation ,organizational priorities and donor Agreements
- S/he will be expected to pull all existing data collection materials into a simple ,accessible framework and design training materials which will help partners to understand the data collection process, expectations, and timing of submissions
- The M&E Specialist will work with HCP team in Ethiopia along with clinical practitioners and enumerators to disseminate the toolkit of data collection materials and corresponding training, s/he will then Oversee data Collection from partner ,Audit to ensure accuracy and completeness and work wit partners ,audit data to ensure accuracy and completeness, and work with partner to understand challenges and opportunities following the training and submission of data .
- Support & review quarterly activity and financial reports partners to
- Write ACSO,donor and internal quarterly and annual reports
- Contributes regular publication to be shared to social media platforms
- Collect best practice ,lesson learnt and impact stories and share with program team
- Develop ,Share and Follow up learning tools such after action review
As required ,he/she will also assist with related logistical planning and communication with HCP Head quarters in the US.
Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a field of study related to public health ,international Development ,M & E or related field disciplines .In lieu of a Master’s degree, Demonstrated strong practical experience working in or evaluating public health projects
- At least five years’ work experience in evaluating development projects
- Demonstrated sound analytical and technical skills
- Fluent in major local languages and proficient in English ,with good writing and organizational skills in both languages. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form in English with out the help of translation.
- Specialist should also have demonstrated training and experience in logistics and communications of knowledge management .
How to apply
All applicants and CV’S must be submitted in English.This is a fixed duration contractor-role foe a starting duration of these months.Additional engagement (Time and Duration) dependent upon future donor funding.
We invite qualified candidates to submit a resume and Cover letter.Please send materials Via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com and reference “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Ethiopia ” in the subject line .