Ipas Ethiopia is an international non-profit organization working to improve women’s lives with focus on reproductive health. Ipas’s mission is to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and reduce abortion related morbidity and mortality. The key programmatic and strategic directions that guide the organization’s functions include:
- Expand access to safe abortion and contraceptive services to women, especially young women, and improve quality of care in both public and private sector health systems –
- Increase sustainable supply of abortion. related technologies, particularly MVA and medical abortion
- Expand women’s and young women’s awareness of their options and their ability to prevent and manage unwanted pregnancy
- To create an enabling environment for safe abortion and contraceptive services and increase commitment and resources by stakeholders.
In light of the need to strengthen our relationship with stakeholders and expedite programme implementation, we are planning to hire the following position.
- Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
- Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Reported to: Research and Evaluation Advisor
- Terms of employment: One year with possibilities for extension
- Salary: Negotiable
The M&E Coordinator provides administrative and data management support to enable the country team to carry out its programmatic monitoring and evaluation duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and maintain paper files for M&E, including ensuring timely availability of data collection forms to Ipas staff, tracking completion of provider’s data new trainee data. Develop and maintain an electronic database for entering and storing M&E data
- Prepare draft M&E tables and reports for donor documents and other publications
- Track data entries, ensuring that all events are promptly entered and generating reports from the Ipas’ system to share with other team members and Ipas NC.
- Oversee collection of GIS data for mapping program activities and results.
- Support the R&E Associate in meeting M&E responsibilities. CORE REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, especially in statistics
- 2-3 years in a public health, clinical or policy setting, experience in a research environment desired
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), database (Access) and statistical computer packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA and EPI info)
- Experience in GIS mapping desired
- Demonstrated communications and writing skills, including the graphical presentation of data
- Well-organized, with strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
- Strong English spoken and written skills are needed