Mobile Patrol Driver Job at U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia looking for qualified applicants for the following open vacancies.
U.S. Mission Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 27-2017
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Mobile Patrol Driver
OPENING DATE: August 07, 2017
CLOSING DATE: August 21, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time (48 hours/week)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): Position Grade: FSN-04, Starting Salary – 8,017.00 USD
Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-AA*
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Mobile Patrol Driver in the Regional Security Office of the U.S. Embassy, Addis Ababa.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Local Guard Force (LGF) Supervisor, performs security guard duties while serving as a driver for Local Guard Force (LGF) Shift Commander while on mobile patrol or responding to emergency situations. Incumbent is also responsible for transporting LGF relief guards, RSO and Local Security Office personnel, and other individuals as directed by the RSO.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Supporting documentations (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted.
- Required Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Required Experience: At least 2 years work experience in driving passengers and cargo is required.
- Language Requirement: Level III (good working knowledge) of English and Amharic are required. (English Language proficiency will be tested)
- Skills and Abilities: Driving skill, must possess 3rd class Ethiopian driver’s license and have a good knowledge of Ethiopian traffic regulations
- Job Knowledge: A good knowledge of the city and alternate routes to Host Government ministries, agencies, diplomatic and international organizations. Good knowledge of roads to other cities.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained by E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov or by Phone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM/USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM/USEFM who is not a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
See More U.S. Embassy Jobs on AddisJobs