EngenderHealth Inc. works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health & to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality. EngenderHealth Inc. is currently looking for a well-qualified Project Coordinator for its Mobile Outreach Service Provision project based in AA .
The mobile outreach project coordinator under the supervision of the Field Program Manager will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of EngenderHealth supported Mobile – Outreach service delivery activities. S/he will particularly serve as a lead person for a project called ‘Mobile – Outreach Services project: Accelerating Access to Contraceptive Choices’. S/he is responsible for proper initiation, implementation and monitoring of the project across three regions (Oromia, Amhara and SNNP) and meeting agreed-upon project deliverables in a timely manner. S/he will be responsible for coordinating technical support, managing planning and budgeting, overseeing the implementation and providing regular monitoring and guidance as well for reporting of all project activities. S/he will be responsible to harmonize the project activities with other ongoing EngenderHealth project/s as well as sub-grantee partners and ensures effective utilization of resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coordinate project initiation and rapid assessment to establish base line and identify priority needs/gaps.
- Develop project work plan and annual and periodic project action plans and targets by region in collaboration with field team and relevant sub-grantee partners as needed.
- Coordinate and follow up with field team the day to day project implementation and provide overall support and guidance to regional team leaders and program officers to ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate with technical team and the field program manager and provide necessary technical and programmatic support for field team and relevant sub-grantee partners for successful implementation of project activities in accordance with the approved plans.
- Coordinate with operation and finance to ensure timely availability of logistic (equipment’s, supplies, vehicle etc.), financial and other input for the implementation field level activities.
- Build the capacity of Woreda level MOH partners (Hosting health facilities, WOHO and mobile-outreach sites to properly plan, organize and deliver mobile outreach service.
- Oversee and assist field team and mobile outreach sites to institutionalize emergency preparedness, client follow up and side effect/complication management and ensure quality of the mobile –outreach.
- Ensure that complications that arise during procedure and/or following service properly managed with in the health system and reported for review and action.
- Oversee and provide guidance on how to collaborate and coordinate with community level partners and Woreda Health offices for demand creation and referral activities. Facilitate the provision of necessary training for HEWs and volunteers by the field team.
- Monitor the timely implementation routine project activities and mobile outreach service delivery and take necessary measure to ensure progressive performance.
- In collaboration with M&E team, establish sound project monitoring and evaluation mechanism; establish project data base, regularly reviews and analyze data to identify strengths and limitation, and take timely corrective action required.
- Properly document and disseminate project progress and achievements. Identify lessons learned, potential best practices and success stories related to the mobile –outreach project and periodically update immediate and the Office.
- Prepares and submit regular (Quarterly, Biannual and Annual) program and budget report to for internal and external consumption as per requirements.
- Ensures that all project activities are implemented in accordance with project agreement, government and donor requirement as well as EngenderHealth organizational principles, value and procedure.
- Liaises, regularly communicates, and maintains good relations with field-based team and other key partners (e.g. Regional Health Bureaus, Zonal Health Department, Woreda Health Offices, Health facilities etc).
- Promotes partnerships and networking among regional and Woreda stakeholders and represent EngenderHealth on appropriate forums.
- Performs out other EngenderHealth assignments as may be required and as directed by the field program manager and deputy director, program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- First degree or above in Public Health and Nursing with proven program management and clinical FP/LAPM service provision experience.
- Six (6) years of experience in managing and coordinating FP/RH related programs preferable in NGO.
- Experience in coordinating mobile-outreach project and /or in delivering mobile service is highly preferable.
- Experience with and understanding of the Regional, Zonal, Woreda and Kebele level health system is preferable
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time and support field team as needed.
REQUIRED NUMBER :
One Application Procedures: Interested applicants fulfilling all the requirements should apply through EngenderHealth career web site www.engenderhealth.org – career page or click on this link which will direct you to the vacancy: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENGENDERHEALTH&cws=1&rid=575 (strongly recommended) if not possible, please send your applications with nonreturnable curriculum vitae and testimonials including updated salary information no later than December 31, 2013 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position and vacancy number in your application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Note that applications received after the dead line shall not be considered.