Media and External Relation Officer
Transparency Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
- Media and External Relation Officer
- Report to: TE’s Project Coordinator
- Number of Staff required: 1
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with a possibility of frequent travel to regional towns where the project is implemented
- Salary and benefits: As per the organization’s salary scaly
- Term of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension
- Develop and contribute strategic issues to its Unit
- Assist the Executive Director in implementing policies of TE and decisions of the BoD;
- Plan, organize and implement activities such as trainings, workshops, seminars, forums and other related events;
- Create a suitable strategy to make coalition with like-minded individuals and organizations;
- Communicate and disseminate the work /activities of TE to stakeholders and the general public;
- Promote and strengthen contact between TE and donors;
- Submit monthly reports to the Executive Director on the status of major activities of the unit.
- Design, install and manage a comprehensive and effective Management Information System for the general administration of TE.
- Produce TE’s quarterly Newsletter
- Prepare operation promotion materials such as leaflets, brochures, posters, etc.
- Administer TE’s website and social media pages (Facebook, Telegram, You tube, etc.),
- Prepare news for press release and post them on TE’s Web page and social media pages.
- Properly document activity results and output of the unit
- Perform any other duties delegated by the Executive Director.
MA or BA degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, Literature, or similar discipline.
At least 4 years of relevant experience for degree and 2 years for Masters holders preferable in NGO. Previous work experience as PR is a plus.
• A through grounding in project proposal writing and fund raising;
• Conceptualizes and develops new program ideas;
• News wring skill
• Planning and budgeting
• Good IT or Computer skill (MS word, MS Excel and Adobe Photoshop are Mandatory)
• Good inter personal communication
• Excellent English communication (Oral, written & listening) skills.
• Ability to work in team and under pressure
• Willingness and commitment to abide by the organizational values, rules, regulations etc.
• Dedication to fight against corruption and promotion of ethics
• Intolerance about any corrupt practices and unethical behavior
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their application letter, CVs and non- returnable copies of educational & experience documents via either of the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For further information please call @ +251-911-905640/ +251-911-356063/ +251-916-132158
Deadline : 5 December 2020