Mechanical Technician at DIAGEO
Mechanical Technician at DIAGEO
Posted by: DIAGEO
Location: Sebeta, Ethiopia
SebetaJob Description :
Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere. Diageo is a truly global organisation with over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength, and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and for the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our Africa businesses account for over 20% of Diageo workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community’ which is alive across the African continent. In Africa we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities.
Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life programme. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivalled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always.
- Challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to my operation are implemented, monitored, adhered to and ensure corrective actions are taken when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations to achieve zero LTA.
- Achieve machine performance/availability for engineering Key Performance Indicators with direct responsibility for delivering standards.
- Implement asset care and EISC agenda in the area of mechanical engineering to achieve manufacturing excellence through the execution of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and deliver the technical input as provided by the maintenance planners.
- Complete and review EISC results for example Short Interval Control (SIC) Sheet and RCPS for problems encountered per shift.
- Deliver best engineering practices and provide input into asset care, managing materials for maintenance, components and spares required by the plant/equipment to achieve optimum cost.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Study the life history of machines and lines as well as various utility goods on all Meta sites, give professional advice and suggestion;
- Prepare life history recording card for each machine, follows up and controls correct registration of regular maintenance and care made;
- Control the site assets/machine to get timely protective maintenance and the maintenance performed is in the right standard;
- Participate on activities of studying expansion or improvement and machine installation; providing professional advice and suggestion;
- Ensure and control machines and goods that come for the S.C. on purchase are according to the specifications;
- Follow new technologies and modern operations; present ideas for the application of useful ones; implement when permitted;
- Follow the S.C.’s power utilization is economical and in required standard; suggest solutions when problems crop up;
- Ensure completion of any mechanical installation work keeping its standards;
- Ensure and control maintenance works and safety apparatuses, to be done in the factory, according to their arranged plans;
- Programme when power producing machines like hydraulic and pneumatics get specification at an appropriate time condition; following up the completion of the work according to the program;
- ·Follow up that safety apparatuses operating with hydropneumatics power are correctly functioning; causing their adjustments when they are found not functioning;
- ·Regularly prepare reports and submit to immediate boss, regarding encountered problems in the performance of the work and solution actions taken – 5Ws
- Observing that the routines are as per the quality management; performing tasks that are necessary for the application of the system;
- Taking in to consideration conditions that may impact him/her while performing his/her duties or that may impact the environment;
- Applying quality management and local management systems in combination with the standard work procedures;
- Raise maintenance notification and release and close work order on SAPComplete technical confirmation (TECO) of released work order on SAP and ensure process adherence within assigned time frame.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- College Diploma or 10+3 TVET diploma in General Mechanic or related fields and 3 years’ related experience or BSc in Mechanical Engineering or related fields with minimum of 1 years experience.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in finding solutions to technical problems in brewery and pursuing opportunities for business continuity;
- Able to identify clear priorities in day to day operations and focus on results at all times;
- Detailed knowledge of industry risk management, and related environment standards;
- Ability to connect and build positive relationships across functions and influence at all levels;
- Proven Experience In Managing people/teams
- Basic computer application knowledge like Excel, Outlook, MS project etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants can apply on DIAGEO website by click below.