Mary Joy Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
- Place of Work: Ethiopia
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist is responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. He/she will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. He/she will guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidates program reports, and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. He/she will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the MEAL Manager in planning, organizing coordinating the overall activities MEAL;
- Conducts regular periodic field visits and assesses progress of implementation of project/program activities against plans and provides information that needs attention and decision of higher bodies of MJE;
- Monitor and assist partners in the data collection process to ensure data quality
- Facilitates and involves in the preparation of periodic physical plan and budget of MJE;
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Participates in the baseline/end line studies of the program;
- Consolidates action plan/work program received from the local Implementing partners and SNUs;
- Compiles periodic reports of project/ program activities and submits to supervisor;
- Conduct partners staffs capacity and needs assessments, performance reviews
- Provides orientations and training to staff and beneficiaries on the techniques and skills on monitoring & evaluation;
- Engages with Regional Technical Working Groups led by Regional Signatories (HAPCO, BoLSA, WCYA…)
- Provide TA and ensure proper utilization of project database (CommCare & DATIM) by LIP MEL and program staff
- Updates program database on monthly basis; submits updated data on monthly and quarterly basis;
- Assist the MEAL Team to select data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of implementing partners’ performance and of the program as a whole
- Participates in developing effective performance indicators and result framework that conform to the various donors and projects and ensures that results are achieved accurately and within specified period;
- Ensures gender responsiveness of project proposals, MEAL reports and impact assessments;
- Participates in and facilitates mid-term and final evaluation of program activities.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples within the country and regionally, and ensures on going personal development and learning;
- Work as a Point of Contact for Monitoring and Evaluation in the Region and provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop M&E, and data management tools, and follow up its utilization at all levels
- Develop data gathering strategies and harmonize data collection, analysis and reporting flows for the project
- Assist MEAL Team and engage in conducting Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), or RDQAs (Routine Data Quality Assessments)
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
- BA in Economics, Sociology or related fields.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with development organization.
- NGO experience shall be advantageous
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILL
- Attention to detail and analytical skill;
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written;
- Utilizing programming and statistical software (such as SPSS) to compile data and information for various systems, and knowledge of basic MEAL tools;
- Proactive, capable of multi-tasking and showing initiative.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skill
How to Apply
Deadline: April 16, 2021