MC4ML Project M&E Officer at Plan International
Job Title: MC4ML Project M&E Officer at Plan International,Amhara, Ethiopia – Plan International
Location: Amhara, Ethiopia
Company: Plan International
Type of Role: MC4ML Project M&E Officer
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This role will assist and support the implementation of the child, early, and forced marriage and adolescents’ sexual reproductive health rights project with an emphasis on Child Protection and Gender Equality and ensure to support and establish effective M&E systems. The post holder is responsible for the deliveries of results in line with approved program plans and objectives and assists the implementation of the CEFM & ASRHR project at the PA level and contribute towards achieving the country program goal of improved protection mechanisms and community practices against harmful traditions and violence against children, and promotion of adolescent sexual reproductive health rights. Plan Ethiopia has put in place a CP policy that all of its staff must adhere to and sign.
The post holder is responsible for assisting in implementation and monitoring while ensuring quality program delivery of the overall CEFM & ASRHR project as per expectations and requirements, and child protection country program activities. She/he ensures implementation of M&E systems for the project at the Program Area level. Key components of the position also include assisting in the development of strategic thematic planning, supporting the development of an M&E Plan, and strengthening partnerships for data collection and mainstreaming of child centered community development.
- Project design, implementation and management support
- Participates and assists with project management team (PMT) on the development of overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials.
- S/he provides inputs to ensure that child protection and gender equality perspectives in all planned strategies and activities of the project are reflected.
- S/he will collaborate with PMT to ensure that all project activities promote gender transformative and positive change for girls and child protection perspectives as Plan International GE and CP strategies.
- Supports the PMT to manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation periods.
- Supports the Program Manager in organizing regular project coordination meetings with project management team.
- Supports and assists the PMT in anticipation and mitigation of risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation period.
- Proactively supports the PMT in regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF and other documents relevant for effective project management.
- Provides regular and timely updates on project progress and challenges to supervisor and other project team members
Educational Background and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Social work, and other related field at least 3 years relevant experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience on working with gender equality, CP , ARHR, and other related disciplines.
- Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Practical experiences working in development projects, specifically implementing and managing systems.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of effective participatory training facilitation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes.
- Strong capacity to develop and implement comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans, including data collection tools/instruments and quality assurance protocols
- Ability to coordinate large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including processing, verification, analysis, interpretation and presentation of gender-sensitive quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience working with national/provincial/district level data sources, including government statistical sources and SRHR indicators
- Experience and skills to lead technical capacity building in monitoring and evaluation amongst staff and partners
- Strong facilitation skills to lead review/reflection meetings with the project team, partners and other stakeholders and promote the use of M&E data
- Strong computer literacy skills, including experience with spreadsheet, database and statistical software
- Strong analytical and written communication skills to contribute to the development of high-quality, accurate and timely reports
- Strong collaboration skills to work successfully with internal and external partners
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local language is desirable
HOW TO APPLY
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.To apply please click the following link below. https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1647797046315
Closing Date: April 30, 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: