Phos Images Publishing and Communications is creative media agency focused on fostering creativity and innovation. It is currently seeking candidates for employment as a marketing representative working for the company.
POSITION: Full time marketing representative
OPENING DATE: Monday, July 11,2016
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
WORKING HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
BENEFITS: 10% commission from sales accomplished by the salesperson
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Working within our team, the marketing representative will be responsible for sales, development of promotion and advertising solutions, strategy, financial reporting on a day-to-day basis. Other specific responsibilities include:
• The role will naturally develop to include managing existing key accounts on an ongoing basis and ensuring objectives are achieved, revenue targets are met and exceeded.
• Developing and executing the sales strategy and plan for his/her portfolio in order to exceed the revenue targets.
• Ensuring all accounts have an optimum planned contact strategy.
• Developing a deep understanding of the market and the competitors within it to come up with new ideas to develop the portfolio brand(s).
• Identifying new advertisers and building up strong clients.
• Magazine advertisement placement to a range of new and old business prospects in a way that meets the company’s vision. This will include print, online, e-newsletter and any other sponsorship opportunities.
• Overseeing the sales team and overall portfolio.
• To hit and to even exceed monthly and annual revenue targets across his / her portfolio of titles.
• Being responsible for planning contingency and filing gaps whenever it’s needed.
• Being responsible for sourcing new leads.
• Working collaboratively with key stakeholders around the business (editorial, production and marketing) and external suppliers and maintains regular and ongoing communications with key stakeholders.
• Contacting key decision makers via telephone and meeting clients in person. The expectation of time spent for each of these activities is: 60% telephone, 40% face to face.
• Conducting client presentations and commercially negotiate face-to-face sound contracts whenever necessary.
• Acting as a role model and mentor to other team members.
• Sharing ideas and working collaboratively as a team.
• Providing weekly reports to the manager.
• Conducting regular analysis to influence strategy and new opportunities.
• Proven track record of managing effective account growth.
• Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
• Excellent sales skills and knowledge of strategic and tactical sales &publishing.
• Strong negotiation and communication/relationship building skills.
• Confidence in pitching both face to face and on the telephone.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level output and work ethic.
• Excellent standards of written and verbal communication – in proposals, on the phone and in meetings.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Positive, can-do attitude – vital for the team dynamic and to successfully reach our growth objectives.
• Ambition, intelligence and management aspirations.
• A high level of quality consciousness, customer focus and flexibility.