CNFA is currently accepting applications for technical experts for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FTF) project in Ethiopia to support and enhance livelihood opportunities of the chronically food insecure households. The program will focus on USAID Ethiopia’s livelihood priorities: (1) on-farm income generating activities (IGAs) and crop and livestock market systems; (2) off-farm IGAs and non-farm enterprise development; (3) non-farm labor and wage employment; as well as (4) collaborative learning for scaling and sustaining gains made in the 3 livelihood – on-farm, off-farm and employment – pathways.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field including international development, agriculture, business, marketing, supply chain and/or food security. An advanced degree can be substituted with an additional 3 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated experience with USG or other similar development projects focused on value chain and market systems & access development, including improving financial services for the poor;
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector;
- Ethiopians encourages to apply;
- Spoken and written proficiency in English;
- Experience working in Africa, Ethiopian experience preferred.