VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 15 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose: – The purpose of this job is to lead the IT Security division; design the enterprise IT security infrastructure and architectural topology including recommending hardware, operating system, software, and information security requirements to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and privacy of information systems; monitor and enforce IT security guidelines; devise plans and ensure the implementation of the work plans.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, directs, reports and controls the activities of the Division;
- Produces action plan of the Division that is aligned to the strategic plan; ensure implementation of the work plan;
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the division.
- Ensures consistent adherence to IT Security life cycle methods and processes.
- Ensures that security measures are in place at all ECX systems and compiles a report inclusive of recommendations as a measure against possible IT related risks.
- Leads ECX IT security policy development, implementation and periodic updates.
- Develops and maintains overall project plan for responsible areas and ensures implementation of the work plans.
- Manages IT security projects from initiation to full implementation.
- Develops technical standards, templates and guidelines.
- Introduces and enforces best practice IT security ideas, methods and processes.
- Approves work products and deliverables.
- Leads, coaches and motivates staffs under your direct supervisions; develops their individual performance plan, continuously review and gives a timely feedbacks and ensures timely completion of staff performance review.
- Works with business users to elicit business requirements, as needed.
- Serves as mentor and coach to IT security staff members.
- Works with other divisions to recruit and hire best IT security staff members.
- Proactively communicates progress, issues and risks on team’s tasks.
- Serves as point of contact for all security related matters and liaises with the Audit and law enforcement bodies with respect to security issues.
- Stays current with security trends, threats, and technologies to implement best practice and proven IT security solutions.
- Supervises the operation of ECX security personnel on a daily bases.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
- MSc/BSc in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields and Special Course/Training/certification in IT Security (preferred).
- 6/8 years of relevant Experience in IT Security or related field out of which 2 years of management or supervisory experience.
How To Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before November 18, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline Nov 18, 2019