Come work with United Beverages Ethiopia as at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
United Beverages would like to invite qualified and competent applicants for the Maintenance Manager open post
Ensure all production equipment and production utilities are in optimal condition to allow the brewery to produce the right quantity and quality of product.
Ensure maintenance/upkeep of brewery production assets- machinery & equipment, buildings, roads and premises at optimum costs so that they are available for production in the most efficient way.
Ensure provision of Utilities: Cooling, Steam, CO2, water, compressed Air and Electricity necessary for production at optimum cost and in accordance with relevant safety standards
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Plant Maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Manage quantity, quality, and cost of engineering maintenance in the brewery.
- Ensure availability of plants/machinery for productive use always.
- Organize and execute planned preventive maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Inspect plant to predict failures and take remedial action.
- Evaluate and analyze breakdown deployments and hold PM meetings to discuss problems, their causes and parts required for effective maintenance.
- Carry out design, impact analysis, execution, and commissioning of minor modifications on machinery/equipment and controls.
Spare parts Management
- Manage spare parts to ensure optimum stock value, stock ratio, turnover ratio, and spares accuracy.
- Reduce inventory of spare parts to optimal levels for more efficient allocation of financial resources.
Provision of Utility supplies
- Ensure uninterrupted Utility Services for all operations in the brewery
Budget preparation and Control.
- Manage brewery total repair and maintenance budget. Responsible for the Engineering departmental budget.
- Waste Water Management
- Manage waste water treatment plant management to ensure that the effluent COD and TSS are within government approved limits.
Energy Consumption Management
- Manage specific consumptions of Electricity, water, air, thermal energy in the production departments to ensure efficient Utilization and cost savings.
CAPEX (Capital Expenditures)
- Make annual projections of new items and schedule for their provision.
- Make justifications for fund application
- Execute all CAPEX and REM.
- Monitor and control budget.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficiently motivated and well-trained personnel
- Recommend and follow up a management development plan for subordinates
- Evaluate and control manpower requirements
- Asses the performance and potential of employees
- Maintain and develop internal communication
- Optimize the organizational structure
- Ensure the training needs of employees are met
- Discipline and motivate as appropriate
Required Education/Experience and Key Skills
- BA degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study and Master Degree Mechanical Engineering or related field of study with 8 years minimum experience in manufacturing industry.
- Negotiation and influencing
- Problem solving, decision making & judgment
- Forecast vs demand
- People management
- Organizational planning
- Communication and contact
- Analytical-data interpretation
- Computer skills
- Company Business process
- Mechanical Engineer
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and automation engineering
- Beer Process knowledge
- Project management
- Quality knowledge
- Health and Safety Standards
- Taking initiatives
- Positive attitude
How to Apply
All Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter including a CV and non-returnable copy of testimonial starting from the first day of an announcement by e-mail or in person at United Beverages HQ within 10(Ten) consecutive working days.
please specify the position on the subject line of your email
Office Location: United Beverage S.C.: Yetebaberut Building 1st floor, Atlas to bole medhanealem road behind Sabon Hotel next to Azemera Shero Restaurant.
Deadline Mar 23, 2020