Logistics Officer – WFP
World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Adama & Semera ,Ethiopia.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting, and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained properly.
- Assist with Supply Chain Logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargoes.
- Assist in the training of staff, particularly GS staff; are adequately trained, cross-trained, and identify any additional training needs to achieve high working standards.
- Follow up on the projection of needs and call forward requirements.
- Follow the movement of food and non-food items for projects and operations in the country.
- Identify the need for Fleet capacity in various sub-stations in terms of food deliveries and geographical location and assign Fleet trucks accordingly.
- Identify the need, based on the program plan, and request fuel accordingly.
- Supervise Fleet staff when required.
- Handle petty cash and operational advance.
- Carry out assessments of road conditions and purchase appropriate types of tires with minimum cost.
- Identify staffing needs in AOs and advise the Fleet Manager accordingly.
- Administer Fleet Wave and make sure all the data is up to date.
- Prepare yearly procurement plan and submit it to the Head of Fleet.
- Conduct regular meetings with service providers and identify areas where training is to be arranged for outsourced staff to maximize performance.
- Develop procedures for maximum utilization of Fleet trucks.
- Evaluate the technical conditions of aged Fleet trucks and advise on disposal.
- Reconcile FMS and fewer data on monthly basis for deliveries made by Fleet.
- Monitor fuel consumption monthly and analyze the consumption of each truck.
- Extract data from FMS and prepare monthly quarterly and yearly reports.
- Assist all Area offices’ and Sub-offices’ fleet/workshops so that maximum health and safety requirements are met in full, together with considerations for environmental needs.
- Travel occasionally to all Area offices and Sub offices as and when required by the Organisation.
- Will perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Fleet/Supply Chain.
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management, or another related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 2 years of post-graduate professional and relevant work experience in a humanitarian organization and dealing with logistics operations.
- Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
- Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
- Experience in report writing.
- Ability to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Local languages.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 20, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: