Logistics Officer – GOAL Ethiopia
GOAL Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Based On Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Bale ,Oromia, Ethiopia
General Description of the Role:
The Logistics Officer is to provide all necessary logistical support to enable project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to GOAL’s logistics procedures and to provide full support to the Field Logistics Supervisor in the management of logistics functions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
- Ensure all compound repairs are reported to the Field Logistics Supervisor in a timely manner
- Spot check kitchen/ washrooms and office frequently and maintain expected hygiene standards level. Delegate responsibility to the cleaners to maintain cleanliness
- Management of Base Water, electricity, generator and ensure it is serviced as scheduled
- Coordinates transportation of supplies through established transportation processes; arrange for transportation of supplies coordinate shipment and receipt of supplies using established guidelines where possible. Determine best delivery method based on the supply chain, cargo type
- Assist the FLS in the management of transport at field level and locally hired vehicles where applicable
- Coordinate with programme and operation staff to ensure that the transport requirements are being met
- Assist the FLS in managing transport requirements including Vehicle logbook (VLB) fuel consumptions, maintenance, servicing and ensuring that all vehicles/motor bikes are fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for short or long journey.
- Make sure vehicles equipment are maintained as per GOAL logistics manual and specific maintenance schedule and standard and security standards
- To manage and coordinate all drivers and make regular inspections of vehicles/motor bikes/generator logbooks
- With consultation with the FLS liaise with Transport Manager regarding the repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted by mechanic or identified garage.
- To monitor and evaluate drivers’ performance, fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- To carry out daily weekly and monthly checks on all tools and spare parts in all GOAL vehicles as well as weekly mechanical checks in cooperation with mechanic or identified garage
- To provide monthly evaluation reports on all transport issues to the FSL
- To manage fuel system, including the weekly and monthly transport analysis of the cost and efficiency as per GOAL standard Vehicle Logbook and Fleet summary formats
- To make sure that there is an efficient system of booking (daily, weekly, late, individual vehicle) as per the vehicle bookings and allocation
- To make sure that all safety and security procedures and measures according to GOAL manual are exercised and those which are specifically required for within sites of operation
- Coordinates the maintenance of vehicles by maintaining table of tracking database to ensure vehicles are maintained as scheduled
- Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in ensuring that all assets are registered on the Fixed Asset Register
- Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in maintaining the extract asset register in the field office by ensuring that all movement of assets is recorded and tracked
- Ensure that all assets which are damaged are reported to the Logs Co for repair or request assessment for disposal action; consultation with FLS
- Maintain a copy of asset certificate in the field office and ensure it is filed in an orderly manner
- Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in ensuring that asset repair certificate is prepared and accompanies any asset that is sent from the field to Head office for repair
Stock and Store Management
- Processes inventory requests and validates receipt of goods and materials against requirements; ensures inventory requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that all goods received by GOAL are recorded in GOAL standard templates and are stored and handled as per GOAL logistics manual procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
- Ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept filed as per GOAL filing system.
- Ensure that all the items stored in the warehouses are recorded in GOAL warehouse papers
- Supervise weekly and conduct monthly and mid-year stock taking as per GOAL standards with coordination from Logs Co
- Produce weekly and monthly warehouse reports as per GOAL Logistics Manual standards based on information acquired from the warehouse records.
- Manage storekeeper/assistant (s) where applicable
- Keep up to date records and files on all stocks in soft copy tool of Stock Monitoring Sheet through data info
- Disseminate store records (SMS) on weekly basis to field SMT and programme staff.
Distribution of Stock
- Management of IRF’s for local stock
- Generation of DD’s (Delivery Dockets) and Packing lists for all stock to be transferred to a secondary warehouse or final destination.
- Manage and account for all fuel stock tracking (issues and receipts)
- BA Diploma/Degree in Logistics and Supplies Management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Logistics Officer with NGO/Corporate organization.
- Good communication skills
- High level of honesty, commitment and expertise
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- IT literate – Skills in computer Packages – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Report writing skills
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Fluent in spoken and written Amharic and local language
- Certification in Logistics Management
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit their application with non-returnable documents to: email@example.com .Use vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 22, May. 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
- Total Jobs 1 Jobs
- Location Addis Ababa