Livestock Specialist – The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia.
- Support the implementation of the FRETH sustainable livestock development work programme across all Regional Initiatives and Strategic Objectives, providing technical support to regional governments that will assist developing their capacity for introducing Good Agricultural Practices for sustainable livestock intensification in the region;
- Represent FAO in relevant coordination and technical meetings, such as the regional cluster coordination meetings and similar;
- Be at all times aware and report on the livestock feed and health situation in the operational area, support or initiate predictive livestock early warning system;
- Stimulate and support the regional bureau with the implementation of the Animal Disease Notification and Investigation system (ADNIS);
- Participate in the preparation and review of FRETH regional field programme/project and thematic work plans to ensure technical consistency;
- Participate in the preparation of FRETH regional sustainable livestock development projects, work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify and report corrective measures to ensure timely delivery of projects;
- Contribute to the drafting and updating of all FRETH Southern Ethiopia Region Field Office reports, occasional updates and any other documentation prepared, either for specific donors or generic bulletins/briefs
- Contribute to the drafting of Letters of Agreement (LoA) and other operational documents in support of FRETH Regional sustainable livestock development projects and frequently monitor the implementation of such Agreements;
- Support the development and implementation of capacity development activities in favor of private and public stakeholders to promote integrated livestock production programes;
- Liaise with other United Nations (UN) and Development Partners in the region to ensure timely and relevant participation of the FRETH Field Office in the UN and other coordination processes and mechanisms put in place to address the development, management and production of livestock resources;
- Contribute to the analysis and development of livestock in mixed farming and pastoral systems, with a particular view of sustainable intensification of production methods, market development and post-harvest activities;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced University Degree in Animal Sciences or other related fields.
- Five years of relevant experience in managing livestock related projects and programmes.
- Extent of Experience in Emergency operations and Livelihoods recovery projects, assessments and analysis.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships.
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent planning, organizing and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation in English; and working knowledge of Amharic language.
- Working knowledge of English, and the local language of the duty station (Amharic).
- Good Report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 21, November , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: