Light Vehicle Driver – NGO Job
International Rescue Committee is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Requisition ID: req9863
Job Title: Light Vehicle Driver (Re-advertisement)
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Adama, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Position: Light Vehicle Driver
Duty Station: Adama, with frequent travel to field sites
Salary & Benefits: 4,358 ETB per month plus 15% transportation allowance
The Driver main responsibilities includes safe transportation of IRC personnel and IRC materials and care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Driver provide transport services for IRC business under Adama field office project sites.
- Strict adhere to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the SC manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and properly.
- Reports promptly to the Supply Chain officer losses, malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
- Keeps vehicles clean and make minor mechanical services as required.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- TVET Diploma or High School graduate with 3rd Grade Valid Driving License.
- Minimum driving experiences of 3 years for TVET Diploma and 4 years for High School graduate.
- NGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages.
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair.
- Good team spirit, attitude, behavior, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants click on Apply For This Job or click on This link