Humanity and Inclusion (HI) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions
Detail of Advert -MMO-01-22-6958
Location: Addis-Abeba, Addis-Abeba, ET
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Posting reference: -MMO-01-22-6958
HI, Humanity & Inclusion, is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI has been implementing development and humanitarian interventions in Ethiopia since 1986. HI was working in the area of physical rehabilitation, inclusive education, mine risk education, community based rehabilitation, HIV and AIDS, capacity building of local associations of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs), inclusive sexual reproductive health, protection and recently on COVID 19 response. HI has also been implementing protection projects for Internally Displaced Persons and South Suddenness Refugees. Currently, HI is implementing an inclusive protection projects in Somali region, Liben Zone (Filtu and Deka Suftu districts) and Benshangul Gumuz region, Kamashi zone as well as integrated multi-sectoral lifesaving response to conflict and climate induced affected IDPs in Somali, Oromia, Southern Nation Nationalities People (SNNP) regions, Benshangul Gumuz region, Kamashi zone and Gambela refugee camp.
HI promotes an inclusive approach by focusing on access to services for all whenever possible rather than developing specific actions for people with disabilities. HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and the society.
HI Ethiopia also signed strategic partnership agreement with different International NGOs with commitment to support their programs are inclusive humanitarian action.
- The role of the Liaison Officer is aimed at helping to ensure the safety and security of HI’s mission staff and goods at all times through ensuring proper risk analysis, security frameworks, tools and protocols in place and at the same time supervising their correct and effective implementation.
- The secondary objective is to develop HI’s capacity to analyze, dialogue, and negotiate in order for populations to fully access humanitarian aid.
The position is directly under the Program Director line management.
While the focus will be on the Tigray region, the Liaison Officer will also support the Ethiopia-Somalia Program generally with regards to context & risk analysis, security documentation, and incident management. The Liaison Officer will ensure operational security management and humanitarian access based on constant watch, coordination/Liaison and assessments. He/She will constantly assess the situation, provide advice, sensitization and trainings, develop tools, security plans, etc. He/she will institute appropriate mitigation measures, security requirements and means to support the operations, develop local contacts/connections to ensure acceptance and authorization clearance, implement the humanitarian access strategy, and modify risk analyses and security & contingency plans as necessary.
- University degree or equivalent experience in international relations, security, or humanitarian action
- HEAT certified
- Certificate in humanitarian negotiation would be an asset
- Certificate in security management would be a plus
- Proven experience of developing and implementing security plans and analysis tools
- Proven experience of working in conflict-affected areas
- Incident Management experience
- Proven experience in producing of quality reports and documents, including maps
- Demonstrated experience negotiating access
- Context analysis, risk analysis, knowledge of humanitarian security approaches & humanitarian principles
- Good written and spoken English is essential
- Humanitarian negotiation skills
- Previous knowledge of the region and the context is preferred
- c4f4jrC DmW5BQ
- Ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Serious cultural sensitivity
- High emotional intelligence
- Solution-oriented towards increasing access
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation. We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
- 12 months international contract starting on Feb, the 15th, 2022
- The international contract provides social coverage adapted to your situation
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage (with 50% of employee contribution to the subscription)
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2813€ gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 515€ net/month
- Paid leaves : 25 days per year
- Housing : taken in charge by HI
- Couple/ family positing possible
If you are resident in the country: local package
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following link https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1642181584936
Closing date for applications: 31/01/2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: