Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
· Provide impartial and accurate legal advice to the management team.
· Draft and prepare contractual agreements to ensure legal compliance with statutory requirements
· Minute daily and monthly management meeting and distribute.
· Assist the external attorneys to prepare for any court hearings and, under direction, prepare court pleadings for filing with the court.
· Provide relevant information to law enforcement and make statementson behalf of the company at any police station whenever a legal issue that affect the interest of the company.
· Consult the General Manager and other department heads on any issue that has legal implication.
· Maintain a full and detailed understanding of employment law, draft contracts and advise management on disciplinary actions and bargaining agreements.
- Communicate with the Patent and Trademark Office, prepare and file patent and trademark applications and docket deadlines for the attorney. Assist with trademark and patent searches, drafting and preparing copyright filings and notices.
- Interview clients and witnesses to gather information pertinent to any legal action in which the company is a party to the proceedings. Gather all documents and organize them so that they can be used throughout any proceedings.
- Perform legal research on current case law and prepare case summaries for the attorney to review. Draft legal pleadings and prepare complaints for the attorney to review.
- Read case law and prepare case briefs, trial notebooks for court, responses to complaints and discovery requests, organize case files and maintain documents.
- Interpret and remain updated on Ethiopian Government Proclamations, FMHACCA requirements, Industrial, Commercial & Employment laws.
- LLB degree in law from a known and certified university or college.
- 3 years and more experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to operate office equipment such as PC, Microsoft suite of programs, calculator, PDA and telephone.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements can submit their applications including the following:
- Cover letter specifying the position there are applying to;
- Curriculum vitae and Non-returnable copies of academic diplomas and other testimonials.
Should apply in person or sending their CV & supporting documents. (Scanned copies of qualification). By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or mail by the following address:-
Repi –Wilmar Soap & Detergent S.Co
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 5537
The Company is located at Jimma Road beside Ayertena
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview
Apr 9, 2019Deadline
Apr 9, 2019