Learning and Development Manager Job at Save the Children Ethiopia
Learning and Development Manager
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
The role holder is responsible for develop and implement learning and development strategies and programs in SCI Ethiopia that will ensure that all staff have the skills, knowledge and development opportunities required to help the organization deliver quality programs for beneficiary children.
She/he is responsible for all learning and development interventions across the organization, which includes, but not limited to, conduct L&D need assessment, develop, facilitate and deliver L&D programs, continuous improvement and keeps records of L&D programs. Moreover, she/he will be responsible to oversee the effective implementation of Develop to Perform system.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR Director
Staff Directly Reporting to this Post: None
Dotted line relationship – None
Functional relationship – HUB HR Managers
JOB SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct L&D need assessments with department leaders
- Develop training plan according to the need assessment
- Follow up implementation of training plan
- Design a training program that consists different delivery approaches
- Support all people Managers in effective implementation of Develop to perform system
- Conduct periodic refreshment trainings in Develop to Perform for People Managers
- Develop a standard induction materials and make them widely available to all HR staff
- Design an effective induction system at CO and field offices
- Ensure all new-hires are provided with induction
- Organize a quarterly workshop for new-hires as required by global induction standards
- Organize and conduct Management Development Programs (MHP)
- Ensure CO staff benefit from L&D opportunities available at Regional Office
- Build the capacities of HR personnel in facilitation skills
- Support implementation of strategic decisions
- Actively network with other agencies/ institutions providing trainings in country
- Keeps records of all L&D activities
- Produce periodic reports on L&D interventions
- Perform any other activities based on Line manager’s assignment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BSc degree in social science (management, psychology, business administration and related).
- 8 years of relevant progressive experience, out of which 3 years in managerial positions
- Demonstrated experience and practice in learning and development approaches, including a good understanding of the issues that impact effective learning
- Experience in designing training programs
- Proven track record in managing all aspects of learning cycle including conducting training needs analysis and evaluating impact of learning initiatives
- Very good facilitation and communication skills
- Extensive experience in supporting the development of organizational strategies, policies, guidelines and work processes
- Good interpersonal skills such as negotiation, strategic thinker, detail oriented, result oriented,
- Experience in supporting the development of organizational strategies, policies and guidelines
- Considerable experience in planning, organizing and implementing work objectives
- Strong knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management and Risk Management
- Considerable experience in people Management
- Considerable experience in Budget Management
- Good skill in emotional intelligence and continuous self-learning
- Very good skill in influencing others and conflict management
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply