Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party, land administration and use specialist, and land policy specialist for the anticipated USAID Land Governance project in Ethiopia. The Activity’s overall objective is to assist the Government of Ethiopia (GOE), its regions and citizens, in strengthening land governance, increase incomes, reduce conflict and support well planned urbanization, thereby to contributing to the country’s transformation plan. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Land administration and use specialist
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of programmatic activities to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of products and activities generated under USAID Land Governance, particularly those relevant to land use planning and land administration;
- Build capacity and transfer knowledge to relevant Activity personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in area of land administration and/or land use planning required;
- 7 years of specific experience with land use planning and land administration;
- Familiarity with relevant Ethiopian proclamations and regulations, at federal and regional levels, as well as the rural and urban land administration system and NILUPP required;
- Knowledge of youth and pastoralist considerations, as they relate to land tenure required;
- Experience managing others and working on donor-funded project of a similar scope and size.
Addis Jobs Related Jobs